Friday, 28 July 2017

The John Lewis Rooftop Garden


Disclaimer - This post is in collaboration with John Lewis and content featured in this post may result in a payment should a sale occur

Earlier this week, I was kindly invited by John Lewis to visit their rooftop garden at their flagship store on London's Oxford Street. I've been inside so many times but I'd definitely never been on the roof before, and I was really excited to see what it looked like! The John Lewis Gardening Society have, for the second year, transformed what I only can imagine was a dull concrete roof into a quintessential English paradise complete with a pub, a pavilion, a herb and flower garden and private summerhouses. I immediately forgot that we were above Europe's busiest shopping street and spent the most perfect afternoon thinking I was in the countryside. Read on to find out more...

The Rooftop Garden
The rooftop garden has been designed by Tony Wood, a RHS national young garden designer of the year winner. It will also hold a number of events over the next eight weeks including gardening tips, a Liz Earle workshop and wake up London workouts. 
┄┄┄┄┄

The Summerhouses
 
 
If you are planning to eat on your visit, private summerhouses are available to book. Ours was beautifully decorated with gardening memorabilia, maps, blankets and a handy doorbell to press if we needed anything!
To book a summerhouse, check out the booking page


┄┄┄┄┄

The Food
Slow Cooked Octopus Taco
Sticky Beef Taco
Spiced Sweet Potato Fritters
Tempura Aubergine Taco
Lotus Seeds
White Rose Cocktail
Spritz Cocktail
Caramel Ice cream
A number of restaurants are taking charge of the Rooftop Garden over the next few months. For my visit, Foley's from Fitzrovia was at the helm, serving up Middle Eastern and Asian inspired dishes using British produce. My absolute favourite dish was the Slow Cooked Octopus taco which I happily could have eaten all day!

What We Ate

Lotus Seeds
with dried kaffia, cayenne pepper and paprika

Spiced Sweet Potato Fritters
with grilled pineapple, cured red onions and saffron coconut curry

Tempura Aubergine Tacos
with burnt jalapeno, asparagus, kohlrabi, feta and poppy seeds

Slow Cooked Octopus Tacos
with black sesame mayo, spicy pork mince, bok choy and housemade sriacha 

Sticky Beef Tacos
with avocado lime puree, daikon and cucumber somtam

┄┄┄┄┄

The Beauty Edit
The latest John Lewis beauty edit is all about the sun-kissed look and so I thought I would pick up a couple of items to see if I could get the look too! The inspiration from the edit is taken from Mediterranean getaways (which is useful because I've just been on one!) and I'm definitely going to be recreating my holiday look throughout the rest of the summer. 

The first thing I got was the Lancôme Matte Shaker Liquid Lipstick as I'd only heard good things about them. I chose the colour Vintage Beige which is a beautiful dusky rose colour which I think looks really pretty with a bit of a tan. However, I'm always looking to enhance my tan and so the next thing I bought was the Benefit Sun Beam Complexion Enhancer which I'm ashamed to say that I'd never heard of before! The second that I tried it out I was sold, blended on the cheek and brow bones it gives the most beautiful golden highlight. The last item I picked up was a bareMinerals loose pigment Eyecolour which you can apply dry for a more natural, summer daytime look or use a wet brush for a more dramatic evening eye. I'll certainly be trying out the products thoroughly over the next few days so look out for a blog post on that!


The John Lewis Gardening Society rooftop is open 7 days a week until the 24th of September 


Have you visited the John Lewis Rooftop Garden before?

Rosanna
x


72 comments:

  1. Such a cute place perfect for a summer weekend get together!

    XoXo,

    Tamara - LoveofMode.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. very beautiful garden, yummy food and fabulous products
    new post on my blog <<< Edreams travel report >>>
    have an happy day
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  3. it looks so pretty! the green is o cozy!
    the food looks very delicious - I feel hungry now!
    nice products as well

    Lyosha
    Inside and Outside Blog
    P.S. would you like to follow each other?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful..xx, Neha

    http://www.theinstylejournal.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a dreamy space! And the food all looks so amazing too.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely place and delicious food!
    Kisses, Paola.
    Expressyourself

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful garden! I love it. <3
    The Fancy Cats

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous photos - the garden looks beautiful and the food looks delicious too!

    Heather xx
    https://www.hefafa.me.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful place to visit.
    Kisses!

    galerafashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks so cute there, that food looks so yummy
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks a lot :D

    OMG this place is absolutelly amazing :o super cuuute

    NEW FASHION POST | What To Dress In VERY HOT SUMMER DAYS :D
    InstagramFacebook Official PageMiguel Gouveia / Blog Pieces Of Me :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! The place looks so cute! The food is mmmmmm delicious!
    Kiss
    Maggie Dallospedale
    Indiansavage.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This rooftop garden looks like the perfect place for summer drinks
    xx

    Lizzie | Takeoffs & Landings

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow what a great opportunity to be invited there! I love roof top gardens :) x

    LAURA ­| Laura Thinks About

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow, the John Lewis rooftop garden looks lovely under the sun! I visited back at Christmas and it was so beautiful by night, with a mulled wine in hand :) Love your beauty picks by the way, especially the Lancôme shaker.

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice | Estella Bartlett Jewellery Giveaway (Open Worldwide!) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gabrielle, I'm definitely going to go back at Christmas! x

      Delete
  16. This looks so nice! If I still lived in London I'd 100% go!
    Amy xx
    www.callmeamy.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a lovey place! I Iike this kind of idea - a rooftop garden ;)

    https://marchhappythoughts.blogspot.com/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  18. What an awesome place to hang out! =)
    - Cielo
    Mermaid in Heels

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a lovely place to spend some time at!
    Beautiful photos and nice post!
    xx Elisa
    Francine's Place | DIY & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  20. Amazing! Have a great new week.

    Bloglovin
    STYLEFORMANKIND.COM

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, I can't believe it is a rooftop garden! Everything looks so wonderful including the gardenhouse you had. It is fantastic that you can rent this houses. Thanks a lot for sharing this beautiful post - the food was obviously yummy, too :)
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful graden
    https://retromaggie.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Looks amazing! The food looks so good! Have a great start to your week. Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  24. So cute!

    http://iameleine.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, they really did an amazing job at creating a nice peaceful ambiance on the rooftop! I love that it has more of a relaxing feel than a party feel, call me a grandma, but I love to just sit back and relax over some good food and wine ;) Thanks for sharing and I hope you're having a great start to your week so far, girlie!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    www.thestylecontour.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Goodness, what a beautiful place! Love the photos x

    Florals&Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  27. such a cute place!!...and great pics.:)

    https://adventures-around-the-world.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  28. If you hadn't mentioned that this was a rooftop garden I would have never have guessed that this beautiful garden was on top of a building. I'm really digging the private summerhouses that you can book and the foos looks so yummy.
    LaToya
    www.toyastales.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. I really like you :)
    Happy weekend!

    Can you follow me? I follow you :)
    If you comment my post, I will comment your five posts! :)

    http://www.sandrakopko.com/2017/05/suede-spotkanie-podkarpackich-bloggerek.html

    ReplyDelete
  30. Really wonderful Rosanna!!!
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love how it looks. It would be awesome to have a garden like this on a roof of my building :)

    Happy Wednesday!
    https://anjage.com

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *