Wednesday, 21 June 2017

Weekend Getaway


I've just returned from a long weekend break in Woburn Center Parcs and wanted to share a few pictures and what I did. I go every year and I really love it, it's not too far to travel, I feel really safe and there are always loads of exciting (and relaxing) things to do whatever the time of year, weather or location. I'm always so impressed with the standard of the villas and the friendliness of everyone who works there and this year was no different! Read on to check out what I did...

━━━━━━━What I Ate━━━━━━━

First up, the most important category! Food is definitely one of the things that I look forward to the most when I'm in Center Parcs, we normally eat out in restaurants at lunchtime as it's easier to get tables without having to reserve way in advance and it's also a bit more relaxed. This year I ate:

Crevettes & Frites at Cafe Rouge
Loaded Fries & Salad at The Sports Cafe
American Blueberry Pancakes at The Pancake House
Cotto Ham & Funghi Pizza at Strada


━━━━━━━Activities━━━━━━━

I definitely went a bit calmer with my activities this year (last year I ended up throwing myself off a platform above the treetops and zip wiring across a lake). It was also quite a hot weekend so the yearly tennis tournament took a back seat! The pool was a welcome cool down from the heat and the outside rapids were as thrilling as ever and we ended up going on them about five times in a row. We also went on an electric boat which was a different experience from our usual rowing trip. It was great fun although a little tricky to navigate back into the harbour!

On the last day, I went to the Aqua Sana spa for the morning. I've visited there once before and was quite overwhelmed as it was so much bigger and immersive than anywhere I've visited before. This time however, I knew what to expect and remembered which rooms and experiences I liked. My favourites were the outside infinity pool which overlooks the trees and makes you feel like you're in Scandinavia, the fire and ice rooms where you heat up in a sauna and then cool off by throwing ice at yourself and the salt inhalation room which made me feel like I was in an alien spaceship (but in a good way). If you are in to spas then I would recommend the Aqua Sana, you can also just go to the spa for the day without having to stay in Center Parcs or book a shorter break by staying in their hotel which I really want to do as well!


Thanks for reading :)

Have you been to Center Parcs before?

Rosanna
x


58 comments:

  1. Super amazing!
    Love that place!
    Emma
    www.emmalovesfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this post, I love Center Parcs and have been to this one myself so loved to see your pics. Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, this looks like such a lovely hideaway for a weekend getaway! Those pancakes look delicious, and your time on the lake must have been so relaxing :)

    aglassofice.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This trip sounds like the perfect amount of relaxation! And the food - YUM!

    xx www.qustomquinns.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wha a beautiful place for a getaway. You hair looks amazing , and that dessert made me feel so hungry haha. Have a lovely day. xx

    Nina's Style Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have yet to visit a Centre Parcs! (I know am I even British?!) I can't wait to go someday though :)

    Fatima x www.fatimawrites.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful looking getaway!! And the pictures of food made me hungry, haha!

    Always,
    Allie

    www.champagne-tuesdays.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww soo cool!
    Ti auguro una bellissima giornata!
    un abbraccio
    Dili
    Floreali per quest'estate? http://www.milanotime.net/off-the-shoulder-floral-maxi-dress/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Delicious food and interesting activities!
    Kisses, Paola.
    Expressyourself

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like an amazing weekend and that food looks so good!
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful place. Lovely pictures.
    Kisses!

    galerafashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such beautiful places! And the inages are so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like a lovely trip - never been to a Center Parcs so nice to see all your pictures!

    Miriam x
    www.londonkitchendiaries.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. amazing place and beautiful photos
    kiss
    admaiorasemper.website

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really love your pictures selection sweetie
    kisses
    Maggie Dallospedale
    Indiansavage.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. It looks and sounds as though you had a wonderful time, the food looks absolutely delicious, which comes at no surprise, since you know good food, haha! Thanks for sharing, beauty, and I hope you're having a great week so far!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    www.thestylecontour.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fun weekend- and the food! YUM.

    Happy Thursday, lady!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks like you had an amazing time! <3
    The Fancy Cats

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sounds like you spent amazing and relaxing weekend, that resort looks terrific, I love that it's located nearby forest and lake :)

    http://crafty-zone.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've always wanted to go to Centre Parcs. It looks like you had an amazing time.

    Her Hive

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely place
    http://retromaggie.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  22. fab weekend and delicious food
    new post on my blog fashion trend summer 2017
    have an happy day, kisses

    ReplyDelete
  23. Looks like you had an amazing time!

    Nathalie
    www.nathalie-alexandra.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Looks like you had an amazing time, I absolutely adore Center Parcs! You had amazing weather for it too,
    Amy xx
    www.callmeamy.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *