Wednesday, 7 June 2017

How I Do My Gel Nails At Home


I love to have beautiful nails all the time but to be honest, it's just not realistic and it's really expensive if you are having them professionally done every few weeks. A couple of years ago I decided that I would purchase a SensatioNail kit so that I could have salon quality nails but not have to worry about going out to have them done. I do my nails in front of the TV or whilst watching something on my iPad and although the kit and polishes seem expensive, it works out much cheaper in the long term.
I know that there are many different brands and gel polishes out there that all probably give just as amazing results but they stock SensatioNail in Boots so the lure of all the advantage cards points is pretty much why I chose it! 
It seems like a bit of a faff at first but the steps are now ingrained into my mind so I don't have to follow the booklet any more and it takes me around 30-40 minutes and if I do it properly, the polish stays on for a good 10-14 days so read on to check out how I do my gel nails at home...

━━━━━━You Will Need━━━━━━
♦SensatioNail Starter Kit (includes Gel Cleanser, Gel Primer, Gel Base/Top Coat & LED Lamp)
♦Colour Gel Polish (I used Sugar Plum by SensatioNail)
♦Nail File
♦Nail Polish Remover
♦Cotton Wool Pads


━━━━━━━━Step 1━━━━━━━━
With the nail polish remover and cotton wool, remove all your existing polish and wash your hands to get rid of any oil

━━━━━━━━Step 2━━━━━━━━
File your nails into your desired shape and buff the nail with the softer side of the file so that it doesn't look or feel shiny

━━━━━━━━Step 3━━━━━━━━
Using the nail cleanser and a cotton wool pad, cleanse your nails thoroughly 

━━━━━━━━Step 4━━━━━━━━
Use the nail primer like you would a polish, covering all of the nail

━━━━━━━━Step 5━━━━━━━━
With the clear coat, paint a really thin layer on each nail and cure for 30 seconds at a time ( I work in 3 sections, thumbs and then two sets of fingers)

━━━━━━━━Step 6━━━━━━━━
With your desired gel colour, paint a thin layer on each nail and cure for one minute at a time

━━━━━━━━Step 7━━━━━━━━
Repeat step six so that your nails have two thin layers of the colour polish on and cured

━━━━━━━━Step 8━━━━━━━━
Paint your nails with the clear coat again and cure for 30 seconds

━━━━━━━━Step 9━━━━━━━━
Using the cleanser and a cotton wool pad, wipe all of the nails to get rid of any excess polish and make them dry to the touch

Check out the SensatioNail range here


Have you ever tried gel nails?

Rosanna
x


92 comments:

  1. Wow this is really helpful! I'm sure I can do a quick polishing for an impromtu meet up with these tips.

    I just put up a new post, I’ll love you to check it out and drop a comment http://lagoscitychic.blogspot.com/2017/05/monochrome-addiction.html
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was never into gel nails 'cos I was so frightened that nails would thin out. But I love the color that you picked out. It's gorgeous.


    Nathalie
    www.nathalie-alexandra.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I have zero skill for nails so..... XD yours looks great! :) good job!
    TheNotSoGirlyGirl // Instagram // Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always want beautiful nails, but never think that I have the time/money! Your routine seems simple and relaxing - I'll have to try xx

    www.qustomquinns.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. How professional... :D I haven't done my nails since months...
    www.blogellive.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post dear,I love your blog! :)
    - I follow you,please follow me back.

    anastasjastyles.blogspot.ba <------------- new post

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow amazing nails!

    http://cheremimi.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow! this is amazing!


    BEAUTYEDITER.COM

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a great post ! Hope you'll stop by for my latest post!

    www.loveolia.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow your nails look amazing! Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really great tips darling!
    Wish you a great Wednesday!
    hugs
    Dili
    New post: http://www.milanotime.net/embroidered-cold-shoulder-top/

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty! I have never tried gel nails, but I would love to! <3

    TheNormcoreRebel

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the tutorial
    Have a nice day
    The Pink Pineapple
    New post:https://thepinkpineappleblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great result, I need this kit!
    Love, Paola.
    Expressyourself

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your ideas dear ^_^
    I'm following you, how about to visit my blog and follow me back, I would be glad? <3
    limitededitionlady.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cool manicure! Such lovely shade of nail polish.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This looks really good! I love the colors
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Whenever I get my nails done I always get gel! It is more expensive but totally worth it since they stay on for weeks! I don't even want to know how much I've spent on gel manicures in the past year (yikes!) so investing in a kit to do gel manicures would be a great investment for me!! Thanks for sharing!

    xo, allie
    www.champagne-tuesdays.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. This seems so handy! Although being the lazy person I am, I would rather go to a nail shop ha your nails look so nice tho! I do like gel nails but I get acrylics x

    S x
    SHELISES WORLD

    ReplyDelete
  20. I know the biggest trend in nails for the past few seasons have been gel nails but I have yet to try it. I hear the paint does stay on longer than usual. This seems like a good system to try. Is it difficult to remove?
    LaToya
    www.toyastales.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very easy, I've got a blog post about it if you want to find out more! :)

      Delete
  21. So pretty color!
    Have a nice evening!
    Gil Zetbase

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've never done this before! Thanks for the helpful information...I love the nail color!

    http://roadesque.com
    http://ourruins.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, I must say the result is impressing! You are doing a really good job with your nails. And obviously you have very good and strong nails - I fear my nails are not good enough for such a treatment ... Thank you nevertheles for sharing, I think it is also for me a try worth.
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. So cool! I've never done gel nails, but yours look very nice <3
    The Fancy Cats

    ReplyDelete
  25. Amazing result. Your nails look very nice.
    Kisses!

    galerafashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is so great and love your results. You have such lovely nails here the colour is gorgeous :) http://www.bauchlefashion.com/2017/06/an-italian-summer-holiday.html

    ReplyDelete
  27. So, you have inspired me to start looking for a kit. I have been getting acrylic nails for a really long time now. It's taking a toll on my wallet and my poor nails are so brittle. You do such an amazing job though! I hope my nails look half as good as yours!
    -PerlaGiselle
    iamperlita.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Such great tips . thank you for sharing... I think I must get LED lamp!
    http://sepatuholig.blogspot.com
    instagram.com/grace_njio

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks a lot :D

    wooow, this is great :D nice process and final result :D

    NEW TIPS POST | 10 BEAUTY PRODUCTS AT VERY LOW PRICES
    InstagramFacebook Official PageMiguel Gouveia / Blog Pieces Of Me :D

    ReplyDelete
  30. How interesting!! This is really helpful!! Thanks for sharing!
    xx
    Mónica Sors
    MES VOYAGES À PARIS
    NEW POST: GENEVA TRAVEL DIARY, TIPS AND OUTFITS

    ReplyDelete
  31. My nails are really brittle and break a lot - was considering gel nails but never looked into it in too much detail. Makes sense to buy your own home kit. Thanks for sharing!

    Miriam xx
    www.londonkitchendiaries.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Amazing!
    Emma
    www.emmalovesfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. very nice tips my dear
    new outfit on my blog Opsobjects watches Posh!Nogodz
    have an happy day, kisses

    ReplyDelete
  34. Look at you, lady! You're a pro!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  35. amazing post dear, I try so much time to do it!
    I will try again following your direction
    kiss
    admaiorasemper.website

    ReplyDelete
  36. I'm considering to buy similar LED lamp, because gel nail polish stays so much longer than tradition one. :) Great review, Rosanna :)

    http://crafty-zone.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  37. What a great tutorial. I once considered buying a lamp to do my own nails but gave up as I thought it would be too complicated.

    Her Hive

    ReplyDelete
  38. Love your post!! Great content
    http://starlingdays.blogspot.com/2017/06/englishart.html
    https://www.instagram.com/mira_shpak

    ReplyDelete
  39. I do it the same way =) Great post! =)

    - Cielo
    Mermaid in Heels

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *