Friday, 19 May 2017

The Ordinary Products Review

I've been reading about products from The Ordinary for some time now and when I noticed that they were stocked on ASOS, I knew that I would have to try them out. I've been looking to overhaul my skincare routine for a while now, I still love my Vichy Liftactiv Supreme moisturiser and use it every day but everything else just felt a bit blah and useless after I applied it. 
What I really loved the most about The Ordinary was the simplicity. The products are free of parabens, sulphates, mercury, animal oil and fragrance. They don't test on animals and the packaging doesn't faff about. I'm all for pretty designs normally but when it comes to skincare, effectiveness most definitely comes first. 
I got three products from the range (to be honest I could have got them all but I restrained myself!) and I chose the ones that I felt would be most beneficial to my skin at the moment so read on to check out what they were and what I thought of them...
 
 
 

━━━━━━━Advanced Retinoid 2%━━━━━━━
This was definitely the product that I was most looking forward to trying out and it's the one that I saw the most instant results with. This product came with a dropper applicator which was really easy to use on my skin  Even the morning after the first application I noticed how much brighter and plumper my skin looked and after a week of using it my skin was noticeably better and I even went out with no foundation on! I still don't really understand retinoid but I don't care and will most certainly repurchase this again.  


━━━━━━Lactic Acid 10% & HA 2%━━━━━━
There are two lactic acid products from The Ordinary, one at 5% and one at 10%. I decided that my skin could totally take the 10% so I decided to buy that one instead of gradually working up to it. Slight mistake. My skin was quite red and broke out after the first application so I've been diluting it and now have got on much better with it. Lactic acid is supposed to reduce acne breakouts, exfoliate the skin and reduce signs of ageing and my skin has been a lot clearer since I've started using this.


━━━━━Niacinamide 10% & Zinc 1%━━━━━
This is the product out of the three that I've used the least. Like the lactic acid, it's supposed to get rid of breakouts but I bought it because it reduces skin congestion. I haven't seen any noticeable results yet but that's because I've been using it less. I'm not a scientist so I have no idea why but you're not supposed to use it at the same time as the retinoid because it stops it from working. I've been using it when I remember in the morning. It's also supposed to reduce pores so I'll definitely be checking for that after I've used it some more. 


 

Thanks for reading :)*

Have you tried any products from The Ordinary?

Rosanna
x


59 comments:

  1. The retinoid and lactic acid sound amazing! I don't really understand retinoid either haha and I had no idea lactic acid was good for clearing skin! Thanks for sharing, need to make a giant order. Have a great weekend x

    ALittleKiran | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lately is a total madness with Deciem company. I´m waiting for the colors collection. Already purchased but sold out! Have a great weekend! xx
    Coco and Jeans by Marisa x My Instagram x My Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post dear!

    http://iameleine.blogspot.com/
    http://www.instagram.com/iameleineblog/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually haven't tried any of these . This was very informative for me.

    Nina's Style Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review
    xx
    The pink pineapple
    New post:http://thepinkpineappleblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice Product ı think

    http://tembelprenses.blogspot.com.tr/

    ReplyDelete
  7. These products look great! Thanks for sharing!

    http://violettedaily.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't know these products but sounds very good! :)
    XO
    S
    https://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect review, these products sound interesting!
    Kisses, Paola.
    Expressyourself

    ReplyDelete
  10. Advanced Retinoid 2% sounds brilliant and especially with it showing results on your skin within just one week, I love products that create instant results! Not needing to wear foundation will no doubt come in handy for you this summer! :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice | Worldwide NARS Beauty Giveaway x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much for sharing your honest thoughts on these products, it sounds like the first one was the hit! I've never heard of this brand before, so it was great getting some insight about them; I'll have to keep this in mind. Thanks for sharing, beauty, and I hope you have a great weekend ahead!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    www.thestylecontour.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. These look glorious, I want that Retinoid
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I definitely want to try the lactic acid! Maybe I'll start with the 5% as you suggest. Thank you for the useful review! Baci, Valeria - Coco et La vie en rose FASHION & BEAUTY

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really Awesome. Great Job. Thanks for shareing US.
    Love Choice.
    SUBSCRIBE MY SITE.
    http://viktorianekta.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks a lot :D

    The Ordinary is one of my favourite skin care brand :D Nice review my dear. Complete as I love!

    NEW GET THE LOOK POST | Weekend In a Comfy-Chic Style
    InstagramFacebook Official PageMiguel Gouveia / Blog Pieces Of Me :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. great review! I'm not familiar with this brand.

    http://modaodaradosti.blogspot.ba/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I reeeeally want to try something from this brand!
    LA VEINE

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've been so curious about this brand! I really need to give it a try. :)
    The Fancy Cats | Japan Candy Box Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great review and interesting products!
    Kisses

    TruccatiConEva

    ReplyDelete
  20. amazing products
    http://retromaggie.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Really great post! Have an amazing new week.


    Bloglovin
    STYLEFORMANKIND.COM

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi sweetie,
    very interesting review.
    kisses
    Maggie Dallospedale
    Indiansavage.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. How amazing post dear! I'm following you, would you like to follow me back? :)
    limitededitionlady.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love this brand so much! But I don't try these products yet. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I actually really love the simplistic packaging. I recently bought the salicylic acid and the rosehip oil although I've not started using the rosehip oil yet and have only used the salicylic acid twice!
    Amy xx
    www.callmeamy.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh, I didn't know you can buy them at Asos! Thanks a lot for the review and for me it is the same: I really love this packaging!
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is such an awesome post! Have a great new week. :)

    http://starlingdays.blogspot.com/2017/05/anna-morgun-new-collection-for-concept.html
    https://www.instagram.com/mira_shpak

    ReplyDelete
  28. Have a nice day sweetie
    kisses
    Maggie Dallospedale
    Indiansavage.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. My favorite retinol products that I am using right now. Cleared up my skin ASAP: https://www.ladysoma.com/retinol-for-face

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *