Monday, 15 May 2017

My Favourite Places In London


Living just a short train ride away from the center of London certainly has its advantages. There's not much that it doesn't have to offer and there's always something exciting happening! I spend a lot of time in London and I definitely have my favourite spots but I also love discovering new places and things to do as well. Today I'm sharing a post about my five favourite places and why, so read on to check them out...

I spend a lot of time looking for tasty snacks and meals and so Borough Market is pretty much my dream! There are so many different types of food stalls and everything smells and looks amazing. It's normally on every day except for Sundays and public holidays and you can easily walk there from London Bridge. It's always pretty crowded and there's not much seating around so I would recommend walking along the Southbank to enjoy your food sitting in front of the Tate Modern.

Being a huge tennis fan, of course Wimbledon had to be on the list for me! It's something that I look forward to watching every year and follow it avidly. I was really lucky to go last year and see some amazing players and really get the whole Wimbledon experience (Pimms, strawberries etc...) which was so much fun! I would totally recommend it to anybody as it's the best English summer day out you could get.

Sometimes it's hard to believe the sheer amount of history surrounding London but the Tower of London is a pretty good place to start. It had so many well known events happen there and famous historical figures pass through the walls. It's in a great location, just at the side of tower bridge which is iconic in its own right too. 

The royal parks include Hyde Park and St James's Park but my favourite is Kensington Gardens (and not just because it's near Kensington High Street!). It's really beautiful and such a great place to go for a walk, to meet friends and to see the Peter Pan statue as J.M. Barrie used Kensington Gardens for inspiration when he wrote the book. 

Last but by no means least is the Royal Albert Hall. It's such a beautiful building both inside and out and I've been lucky enough to see some fantastic concerts there. At the weekend I went to see the first Harry Potter movie there, screened with a live orchestra and choir which was lots of fun! It's most famous time of year though is the Proms season where you can watch an array of classical music from July to September. 


Thanks for reading :)

Have you visited London?

Rosanna 
x


76 comments:

  1. Love. Thank you. Wimbledon is a must.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm heading back to London in September, for a few months!

    Your post is making me really excited about exploring this historic and cultural city!

    The Royal Albert Hall is definitely on my 'to see' list!

    Steph
    www.socialspying.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some nice historic places there.☺

    https://anaturellecraving.blogspot.my/2017/05/taking-stock.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so nice!!!

    BEAUTYEDITER.COM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pictures, make me want to go there ! :)


    www.ismurfshion.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great post, very useful!
    Kisses, Paola.
    Expressyourself

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't visited London yet (I've beed at the airport during my transit flight only) but I'm sure one day I will. This was such a helpful post for everyone who is visiting London first time. Borough Market sounds wonderful and how beautiful are these flowers.

    Nina's Style Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really interesting! Thanks for telling us about your favorite places.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post these all sound great! Hope you are having a nice start to your week.

    Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have never been but would love to go. Thanks for sharing!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're so lucky to live nearby centre of the London, I really like your selection of favourite places, I'd love to attend to Wimbledon as well. :)

    http://crafty-zone.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would love to go there, thanks for sharing all of these
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are all very beautiful places; I especially love London Parks in spring! :)
    XO
    S
    https://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a great post for someone like me who's never been to London, or England for that matter, before! I'll have to use this post as a guide for whenever I do go! Thanks for sharing and I hope you have the best week ahead, beauty!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    www.thestylecontour.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. all places are so amazing <3 I love england :)
    http://wooho11.blogspot.com/ - i invite <3 follow me-will respond with

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love these places too! one of my fav's has to be brick lane market too. its so nice over there.

    Abigail Alice 💕

    ReplyDelete
  17. I want to visit London one day. I feel like there is so much to do and see so it can be overwhelming sometimes. Thanks for sharing this post it was super helpful.
    Simera-Beautetude

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love London, gret pictures dear
    new beauty review on my blog Bioscalin Signal Revolution
    have an happy day, kisses

    ReplyDelete
  19. what a cute post!

    http://cheremimi.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks a lot :D

    nice tips dear :D All places looks super interesting :D

    NEW COOKING POST | Fusilli Tricolore Pasta With Tuna
    InstagramFacebook Official PageMiguel Gouveia / Blog Pieces Of Me :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you for this tips!! I love London and I would like to go back soon!!
    xx
    Mónica Sors
    MES VOYAGES À PARIS
    NEW POST: BANANA LEAVES & LACE DRESS IN LA

    ReplyDelete
  22. Borough Market seems like a perfect place to visit...I'll keep it in mind if I ever manage to visit London. I hope that some day I will get the chance to do it.

    http://modaodaradosti.blogspot.ba/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love this post Rosanna - I'm always on the lookout for new places to visit in London! You're so lucky to live so close!
    Amy xx
    www.callmeamy.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful photos! I've never been but I'd like to visit it so much!
    xx Elisa
    Francine's Place | Diy & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great post dear!

    http://iameleine.blogspot.com/
    http://www.instagram.com/iameleineblog/

    ReplyDelete
  26. Omg beautiful pictures of London.
    Kisses
    Maggie Dallospedale
    Indiansavage.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love your post!! Great content
    http://starlingdays.blogspot.com/2017/05/what-do-you-know-about-albany-oregon.html
    https://www.instagram.com/mira_shpak

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love LDN- and Royal Albert Hall is amaaaazing! Thanks for sharing your fave sites, lady. :)

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love London!!! One of my favorite places is Covent Garden, but I need to go again and check some of these!
    xoxo

    Ileana

    Novelstyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love London - there's a lot to do and many places to visit, I love the variety you can find, the only thing which lets it down from time to time is the weather as I normally end up getting caught in rain haha! :)

    Hope you're well hun! :)

    Layla xx

    http://www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  31. I've been to London a couple of times, but I'm not keen on the place. Too fast for me. Nonetheless London is a nice city to play tourist. :)

    http://missymayification.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  32. The Tower of London is a great place! I love Bond Street when I am there!

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
  33. Lovely places
    http://retromaggie.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  34. Gorgeous selection here :) http://www.bauchlefashion.com/2017/05/emerald-5-ways-it-is-trending-this.html

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *