Monday, 29 May 2017

May Books Revisited & New Reads


A month ago I wrote a blog post about the four books that I was planning to read throughout May (you can read it here) and so today I thought that I would share what I thought of them and also the books that I plan to read in June. I really enjoyed having actual books to read and I loved reading all of them so scroll down to check out what I thought and what I will be reading next...


━━━━━━My Reviews━━━━━━

I See You By Clare Mackintosh
This was the first book out of the four and by far my favourite! I couldn't put it down once I started reading and, like her other book, I didn't guess any of the twists!

The Woman In Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware
This book was as gripping as I See You but I did guess who did it quite early on which I don't like as I'm never as shocked! However, I'm definitely going to be getting more books by Ruth Ware as the story was great.

Lion by Saroo Brierley
I read this book in two sittings as I couldn't wait to find out what happened. It's a totally true story and a really amazing one at that. Now I need to see the film!

The House of Mirth by Edith Wharton
This book took the longest for me to read as I had just finished the two fast paced thrillers so it took some getting used to the different style of language but I really enjoyed it and laughed out loud in parts.


━━━━━━The Thriller━━━━━━
 I've been waiting to read this book for a week now but I wanted to finish my May books before I started this! I've read a few books by Nicci French before (Nicci French is actually two people) and really loved them so this looks right up my street! The story is about Nina, whose teenage daughter goes missing on an island the day that they're due to go on holiday. I need to remember not to start this in the evening otherwise I'll be reading throughout the night!

━━━The History Adaptation━━━ 
I've had this sitting on my bookcase for ages now and I had totally forgot about it. The story is about Gyuri who is a 14 year old Hungarian Jew in World War 2. It sounds quite harrowing but has really good reviews and even a film adaptation too which I hope to watch after reading the book.

 ━━━━━━The Classic━━━━━━
 Don't Tell Alfred is the third book in Nancy Mitford's trilogy following The Pursuit of Love and Love In a Cold Climate. I've read them both and so am really looking forward to the last book. It follows an upper class family and in this book they are relocated to Paris to work for the British Embassy. Also, how cute is the cover art!?


Have you read any books this month?

Rosanna
x


54 comments:

  1. Great selection, I would like to read them all!
    Love, Paola.
    Expressyourself

    ReplyDelete
  2. How interesting books!! Such a great post and thanks for sharing!!
    xx
    Mónica Sors
    MES VOYAGES À PARIS
    NEW POST: BEAUTY TIPS: OLIVE OIL FOR OUR SKIN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You said you were gonna set out and read them...and you did!

    It's lovely that you do so much reading; It's like living in two worlds at once!

    I read a self-help book called, Unlimited Power, this month. I much prefer reading novels, with characters and stories, but I thought I would try something new this month.

    Steph
    www.socialspying.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it sounds really interesting :)

      Delete
  4. Great post!

    http://iameleine.blogspot.com/
    http://www.instagram.com/iameleineblog/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unfortunately I haven't read any book in May. You have some amazing books to read.

    Nina's Style Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such interesting suggestions! I definitely am gonna give them a read and I must say you got some serious will power for completing all these books like you mentioned :)
    xx
    https://simpliannie.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like your suggestions, Rosanna, especially "I see you" caught my attention, I'll keep that title in my mind :)

    Have a lovely evening dear,
    http://crafty-zone.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thse seem all very interesting books! :)
    XO
    S
    https://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely loved I See You. I couldn't put it down.

    www.mydailywear.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've heard such great things about The Woman in Cabin 10, but I've yet to read it. Now you have me curious to see if I'd be able to guess correctly myself; I'm often pretty good at guessing :) Thanks for sharing your thoughts and I hope you're having a great start to your week so far!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    www.thestylecontour.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic books
    http://retromaggie.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Interesting books, Rosanna.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Kisses!

    galerafashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. All of these books look so interesting, thanks for sharing
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks a lot :D

    nice sellection dear. All books sounds interesting

    NEW REVIEW POST | AVON MARK: Color Corrector Cream SPF 50
    InstagramFacebook Official PageMiguel Gouveia / Blog Pieces Of Me :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Interesting books to read!:)
    xxM
    http://sunstreetbymonica.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great books I hope to make more time to read books after reading this :D

    Have a nice day

    Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really want to read Lion - I haven't seen the film but I love reading the book first!
    Amy xx
    www.callmeamy.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, I read alot this month! Especially books about the pacific :) Thanks for your reviews!
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. these books sound amazing but I'm not that much of a reader.

    The Glossychic

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nicci French's 'Losing You' sounds like a great read! I've been writing so much lately that I've completely neglected actually reading - so thanks for the recommendation! :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice | Worldwide NARS Beauty Giveaway x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great post, I like it :)

    new post
    http://mensfashionobsession.com/
    https://www.instagram.com/mensfashion_mfo/

    ReplyDelete
  22. great selection!

    http://cheremimi.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *