Wednesday, 26 April 2017

Book Club


The other day I realised that it had been so long since I actually bought a book and so I decided to remedy that. I love reading and have finally finished all the books I wanted to read and so I needed to find some more, even though my two bookcases are overflowing! Today I wanted to write a little about what I bought and what I'm planning to read in the next month, I'll keep you updated with what I think of them and if I would recommend them. Read on to check out what I got...


━━━━The Classic━━━━
I'm going to aim to read one classic book per month and for May, I've chosen The House of Mirth by Edith Wharton. It was first published in 1905 to widespread critical acclaim and became an instant bestseller. The story is of Lily Bart who needs a rich husband to secure her place in the social elite otherwise she will become vulnerable to gossip and slander. It's set in New York and follows Lily's life. 

━━━━The Film Adaption━━━━
I really wanted to see the film based on this book when it came out at the beginning of the year but I've decided to read the book first. Everybody I know who's seen Lion says that it's the most incredible story and has recommended it to me. The book is about a five year old boy called Saroo who lives in India and gets lost on a train. I'm really looking forward to reading it and finding out more!

━━━━The Thriller━━━━
I wasn't planning to buy this book but I got swept away reading the blurb and the reviews on the back! The book is about a woman on a cruise who sees someone pushed off the side of the boat from the cabin next door but there's no record of any person staying there. It sounds right up my street and I know that I'm not going to be able to put it down!


━━━━The Bestseller━━━━
I read 'I Let You Go' by Clare Mackintosh a few years ago and it had the best twist in it! I completely didn't see it coming and I love books where I don't guess the ending so I'm excited to read her new novel. The book is about Zoe who sees her picture in the classified section of a London newspaper. I know quite a few of my family members will want to read this after me so I'm definitely going to read this book first!

Have you bought any new books recently?

Rosanna
x

74 comments:

  1. Interessant post!
    Have a great day!!!
    Nicoletta
    http://lavieestbellebynicoletta.altervista.org/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just bought the woman in cabin 10 too, can't wait to read it!

    Rosy | Sparkles of Light Blog
    My Instagram | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful post i like your all Artikle thank you

    www.Fragmich.org

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading, but I just don't have much time to do it.. Perhaps I should find some new books to get me motivated! :)

    TheNormcoreRebel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing books dear. ☺

    How about follow each other? ♥
    IvaFashionDiary

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so obsessed with this! So good.

    Bloglovin
    STYLEFORMANKIND.COM

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have bought great books. "The woman in cabin 10" sounds so intriguing. I would love to read it.

    Nina's Style Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Que maximo essas dicas de livros amei, obrigado pela visita.
    Blog:https://arrasandonobatomvermelho.blogspot.com.br
    Canal:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmO8csZDARM

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you are on a reading mission! I have not read a book for so long! Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh the last two sound right up my street! I need some new reads actually so might check these out :)
    Amy xx
    www.callmeamy.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ironically, I was just thinking the same thing AND picked up a book today! I'll have to take up some of your suggestions xx

    www.qustomquinns.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. Interesting selection, I would like to read them all!
    Kisses, Paola.
    Expressyourself

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love read too, I want to read I see you
    Kiss
    Admaiorasemper.website

    ReplyDelete
  14. Reading one classic book per month sounds like an achievable challenge! I do a lot of writing and tend not to read much anymore because of it, however you've reminded me of how lovely it can be to escape into a good book as well :)

    aglassofice.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great book list! I read the Woman In Cabin 10...it was really good! :)

    http://roadesque.com
    http://ourruins.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've heard of I see you, it's meant to be really good and I bet Lion is too!

    Lauren x Huggled

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amazing books.
    Kisses!

    galerafashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. interesting selections! have not read any fiction books in a month!
    xoxo
    style frontier

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks a lot :D

    All books sounds super interesting my dear :D Nice sellection

    NEW TIPS POST | Mother’s Day Complete and LOW COST Gift Guide!
    InstagramFacebook Oficial PageMiguel Gouveia / Blog Pieces Of Me :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great book list ! Thanks for sharing !
    Have a fabulous day !
    Nina
    xox
    www.thecrispylipstick.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. very beautiful books
    new beauty review on my blog ---> Beauty routine for sensitive skin <---
    have an happy day, kisses

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such interesting review. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yay for new books! I need to dive into something new- I just finished 10% Happier and I liked it!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  24. All of these books sound so interesting! I've never heard of the movie Lion before, but based on the little you've shared, it sounds so interesting! Thanks for sharing and I hope you're having a great week so far, girlie!

    Xo,

    Jalisa
    www.thestylecontour.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I loved the movie Lion, I bet the book is even better
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Very nice books... thanks for sharing. Will check them out =)

    - Cielo
    Mermaid in Heels

    ReplyDelete
  27. I haven't read a full book in a long time which is very bad. I need to work on that for sure. These books look like good read. Thanks for sharing, beautiful. :)

    http://missymayification.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love the last one
    http://retromaggie.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  29. Lovely selection of books - nice that you included a classic as well :-)

    Miriam
    www.londonkitchendiaries.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great post, I very like it :)

    new post
    https://www.instagram.com/ilijac/
    http://mensfashionobsession.blogspot.rs/

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great recommendations here! Lion looks so inspiring. I need to check this one out :)
    http://www.bauchlefashion.com/2017/04/dear-couture-mothers-day-advice.html

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *