Monday, 20 March 2017

Spring Clean Your Wardrobe

Today I wanted to write a post about spring cleaning your wardrobe. This is something that I love to do (is that weird?) as it keeps me aware of what clothes I do have and gives me a chance to get rid of items I know I won't wear again. I know that everyone is different and likes to sort things out in different ways so I've put together three spring cleaning methods for your wardrobe. Read on to check them out...

Method One - The Lazy Girl's Method
This spring cleaning method is all about taking your time if you don't have much to spare or you just can't be bothered to do it all in one go! You pick one section of your wardrobe each weekend/weeknight and sort it out gradually. To spring clean the clothes, divide them into three sections: keep, donate and bin.

Method Two - The 'One Year' Method
This method is where you go through the items in your wardrobe and pull out all the clothes that you haven't worn in the last year. You then ask yourself if you really love it or will it stand the test of time. If not, you get rid of the item.

Method Three - All At Once Method
For this, you take absolutely everything out of your wardrobe all in one go and before you put anything back in, you must think of at least three styling ideas for each item. It also gives you a chance to give your wardrobe a really good clean before you refill it.


Extra Handy Tips

  • As we're heading into spring time, this is a great chance to move all your winter items that take up lots of valuable space. Store garments such as bulky coats and jumpers in boxes out of the way until you need them next. If you don't have any extra storage space, empty suitcases are a great option.
  • Invest in some thin space saving hangers for your wardrobe if there isn't much room. You can also double up items if needed.
  • Store shoes in clear stackable boxes at the bottom of your wardrobe to save space and also to see which pair of shoes are in each box without having to check through every box.
  • If you have space inside your wardrobe door, buy some hanging racks to store boots, handbags, scarves or jewellery,

Thanks for reading :)

Have you spring cleaned your wardrobe?

Rosanna
x


84 comments:

  1. It's not weird at all, I love it too!!

    Thanks for sharing it with us. 💛

    Happy Monday Doll! Kisses,
    BLOG | TAISLANY

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to do this big time! You're definitely inspiring me right now. Great tips, love!

    xx www.qustomquinns.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for sharing,
    great tips :)
    http://xoxoclaudia.blogspot.de/2017/03/kawaii-box-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are very useful tips, I will need to organise my wardrobe too.

    https://polengland.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your hair!!! And you've got some awesome tips there!

    xx Sofia | SOFIAADOT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good tip!
    HI SPRING-NEW POST on www.onemoretime.es

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very useful babe! Thanks for sharing!
    xx
    Mónica Sors
    MES VOYAGES À PARIS
    NEW POST: TULLE SKIRT | RAINY PARIS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks very interesting) Thanks for sharing!
    http://beyoutiful.com.ua

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this so much!


    ** Join Love, Beauty Bloggers on facebook. A place for beauty and fashion bloggers from all over the world to promote their latest posts!


    BEAUTYEDITER.COM

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are all such great tips, girlie! I personally love the one that suggests taking everything out of the closet at once. For me, once I'm in the mood to do something, I'll do it full force, so I take advantage of the energy and motive I have at the moment and get it all done or else...it most likely won't get done, haha. I haven't done a seasonal cleaning since the start of winter, so I'm definitely do for a wardrobe checkup, thanks for the reminder! I hope you have a wonderful start to your week, girlie, and thanks so much for sharing!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    www.thestylecontour.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am definitely an All At Once kind of person haha, thanks for the tips! I need to pack away some of my winter things to make space for some new clothes, great post xx

    ALittleKiran | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have done some spring cleaning myself. Probably more the lazy method just as I have time, but it feels good none the less.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  13. Interesting post and useful tips!
    Kisses, Paola.
    Expressyourself

    ReplyDelete
  14. I did recently have a wardrobe clearout but there were some items that I decided I needed to wear in the next month or I'll get rid of them so I'll be having another one soon!
    Amy xx
    www.callmeamy.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. Personally I also love cleaning my wardrobe and in my opinion there's nothing weird about it ;)

    http://crafty-zone.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love doing a wardrobe clean! I defo take the "lazy" approach, although it still takes a lot of work, so I wouldn't say lazy haha x
    LAURA ­| Laura Thinks About

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very useful tips and interesting methods!
    I should do it too, but I'mm so lazy in these things... ^^
    xxx
    S
    https://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really do think that storing all winter clothes away in the Spring helps clear up so much space and makes more room for the lighter, more colourful spring clothes!

    Cyber Mermaids | Alternative beauty, fashion and lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete
  19. I need to do number three! I'm usually doing the lazy girl option haha.

    Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are awesome tips! I really need to get to spring cleaning!

    Heidi || Wishes & Reality

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are really great tips! Thanks for sharing!!

    Florals&Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great tips, Spring is here. And we need more space for our new hauls. Selling old items can be useful too!

    Madame X
    The Flower Duet

    ReplyDelete
  23. Now I feel inspired I need to do this.
    My blog: RumelaTheShopaholic

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great tips and a great way to start Spring off right love your photos :)
    http://www.bauchlefashion.com/2017/03/stripes-with-attitude-for-spring.html

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks for all of the tips, I need to clean out my closet
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Amazing tips! I'm going to do my cleanings this week :)
    Kiss, Mariana Dezolt
    Messy Hair, Don’t Care

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is really chic inspiration for me! I have to clean my wardrobe, too))

    ReplyDelete
  28. lovely blog!
    thanks for sharing this post!

    http://www.julialisblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hope you're having lovely evening, Rosanna :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. great post
    kiss
    admaiorasemper.website

    ReplyDelete
  31. fantastic things for the clean
    http://retromaggie.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  32. I seriously need to do this. I tried the other week and ended up only removing one item. I think I am going to need to use one of your techniques!

    Much love,
    Marianne x www.beautiful-in-essence.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. I liked the lazy girl method :) I confess that I don't clean the wardrobes very often, but sometimes I do and it feels good! I also confess that I have problems parting with some items and I always find "excuses" to keep some items :) I loved your ideas, really handy! Hope you have a great day!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Great post, I very like it :)

    new post
    https://www.instagram.com/ilijac/
    http://mensfashionobsession.blogspot.rs/

    ReplyDelete
  35. Great tips. I'm cleaning my wardrobe, too.
    Kisses!

    galerafashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi.. Your blog is so good i love your post and images please keep on to post anymore i still waiting for new posts


    kelebihan Kamera GoPro Hero 3

    ReplyDelete
  37. I like your blog very much and your tips are great! Next week I move to Liverpool because I got a traineeship at SEO Agency Liverpool http://www.seo-liverpool.com/. Then I can clean my closet and try one of your techniques! Thanks! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, good luck on the move! :)

      Delete

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *