Tuesday, 10 January 2017

Five Books To Read This Winter


As winter is the perfect time to snuggle up with a good book, I thought that today I would share my five top reads for this season. Some are old favourites and some are new discoveries so read on to check out the list...





The Winter Ghosts by Kate Mosse
I first read this about five years ago almost in one sitting. Like Kate Mosse's other books it's set between multiple periods in history with some really great characters that you want to learn all about. It's full of mystery (and quite randomly, pictures) and leaves you gripped all the way through.


The Sea Room by Adam Nicolson
This is the book that I'm currently reading and I'm really enjoying it. It's about a 21 year old man who inherits some islands off the coast of Scotland. It doesn't sound like much would happen but it's a really fascinating read, especially if you're interested in puffins!


The Girl At The Lion D'Or by Sebastian Faulks
I've read this book a few times and it's definitely my favourite of French trilogy by Sebastian Faulks. The story is about Anne, who works at the Lion d'Or in the mid-1930's and all that goes on there. It's quite a short read but full of great characters and settings.


The Winter House by Nicci Gerrard
This book is about two old friends who are joined back together after a long time. I don't want to spoil the story but I really loved how the two main characters stories unfurled and connected throughout the book and I was desperate to find out more.


The Little Book Of Hygge by Meik Wiking
Of course I had to include this in a winter books post! Crammed full of wellbeing ideas and ways to keep yourself cosy, this book has it all. The pictures alone are worth getting it for so grab your cosiest jumper, a hot drink and get reading!

What's your favourite book to read in the winter?

Rosanna
x


73 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Nice post. Kisses,

      Verónica

      Blog: MY FAVOURITE NEW BAG http://www.it-moi.com ♥♥
      Youtube Channel: NUEVO VIDEO: OUTFITS FIESTAS NAVIDEÑAS Y FIN DE AÑO! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCs4ylV9u2IlYDxRXcroi6jg

      Delete
  2. great picks will have to check them out!

    www.thewonderlanders.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I follow you :) happy days

    http://gozdeninevinden.blogspot.com.tr/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful!

    ** Join Love, Beauty Bloggers on facebook. A place for beauty and fashion bloggers from all over the world to promote their latest posts!


    BEAUTYEDITER.COM

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've not read any of these and I'm looking for some new reads so I'll look into them! Winter is the best time to curl up and read a good book!
    Amy xx
    www.callmeamy.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thankyou for these reccomendations girly, one of my New Year resolutions is to read more, so I need all the suggestions I can get! :) x

    www.hello-cat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. The winter house seems quite interesting, I love books with mysteries.
    Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog,

    New post - http://www.sapphireziva.com/2017/01/happy-2017.html

    would u like to follow each other on blog ??

    www.sapphireziva.com

    xo
    Kanchan

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the story sea roon
    http://retromaggie.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have heard SO much about hygge! I need it in my life!
    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. These all look like delicious winter reads!! Thanks for sharing! <3 - http://www.domesticgeekgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. They sound interesting! I would like to read "Sea Room"!
    Kisses, Paola.
    Expressyourself

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those books sounds all very interesting!
    Last one is the one that I'd curious to read more! :)
    xxx
    S
    http://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great selection dear

    http://iameleine.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great post. Real inspiration. Thanks for sharing))

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great post ,I have ben struggling with getting back to reading but hopefully I will back on it
    http://www.styleofzion.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I could read books all day long. Sea Room sounds great. I need to add it to my list.

    www.mydailywear.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  17. These all sound great. Thanks for sharing!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  18. great post, thanx for sharing
    https://carrieslifestyle.com/2017/01/11/velvet-and-snow/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks a lot :D

    all books sounds super interesting. I need to read more!

    NEW OUTFIT POST | Find Out More About Me.
    InstagramFacebook Oficial PageMiguel Gouveia / Blog Pieces Of Me :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is such an awesome post! Have a great new week. :)
    http://starlingdays.blogspot.com/2017/01/blog-post.html
    https://www.instagram.com/mira_shpak

    ReplyDelete
  21. Loved your choices, the Sea Room, the Girl at the Lion D'Or and all of them - apart from the Winter Ghosts, because it is full of mystery and then I get scared :) Loved your picks, really great reads!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great recommendations, they all sound really good. Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such great recommendations!
    www.norawears.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'd be interested in checking these out! I've been looking for some new books :)

    Caitlin, Beauty & Colour

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks for your recommendations! I like the sound of The Sea Room :) I have a pile of books I need to start getting into its getting ridiculous haha!

    VioletDaffodils
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great post, so cool!! Happy week sweetheart!

    Mary María Style

    ReplyDelete
  27. These all sound like such great suggestions! I'm only familiar with the The Little Book of Hygge, though I've yet to read it. So, I'm interested in reading that one and The Winter Ghosts, which also sounds interesting! Thanks for sharing, girlie, and I hope you're having a wonderful week so far!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    www.thestylecontour.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wonderful and perfect! I follow you blog, please follow me too. http://alamodenatine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks for the book tips! Highly appreciated as I'm a very intense reader :)
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Awww great choices! The Winter House sounds up my street! I'm currently reading a gritty book set in Scotland called Morvern Callar, if you come across it and fancy a bit of a grim (but intriguing) read it's not bad.

    Y x The Sweet Seven Five

    ReplyDelete
  31. One of my new year's resolutions is to read more, I love it but finding the time is difficult. Your recommendations look great and have inspired me to get reading! Thanks for sharing,
    Jaz xoxo
    http://www.thelifeofasocialbutterfly.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  32. I only read 1/5! Thanks for the tips <33

    Tienne — foregathers.life/blog

    ReplyDelete
  33. I don't know any of these, have to check them out ;)
    Nati xx
    www.simplyartdicted.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love reading so it's great to know about more books. Thanks for sharing.
    Obsessed Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *