Tuesday, 27 September 2016

Guide To Spices


Today I wanted to share my four favourite store cupboard essentials for 'spicing up' everyday food and dishes. I love to cook and try out new recipes and spices make it so much easier to produce a tasty dish with minimum effort! Read on to check out what they are...

Paprika
This is probably the spice that I use the most. I prefer to use this rather than chilli powder or flakes as I like the taste better and a little goes a long way! I use paprika to add extra heat to a dish or for a chicken marinade with honey, apple cider vinegar and Worcestershire sauce.


Cinnamon
I love baking with cinnamon as it smells like winter! My favourite recipe is cinnamon swirls with icing but it can also be added to savoury recipes to inject an element of sweetness. I put a teaspoon of ground cinnamon into my dhal recipe.


Oregano
I love the smell of oregano as it reminds me of Italy and more importantly, pizzas! Use it if you're making your own or add it to grilled meat with a little olive oil.


Nutmeg
Again, like cinnamon, this can be added to both sweet and savoury dishes. I love to grate a bit of nutmeg into some warm almond milk, the perfect warm drink for winter days!


Thanks for reading :)

What spice do you like to cook with?

Rosanna
x

60 comments:

  1. I love the smell of cinnamon.

    www.mydailywear.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks dear :D

    Great post. Love spices :D

    NEW OUTFIT POST | Classic Dots.
    InstagramFacebook Oficial PageMiguel Gouveia / Blog Pieces Of Me :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved this post,
    so interesting,
    Emma
    www.emmalovesfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dont actually use any of these :O Need to try paprika! I use a lot of parsley but thats not a spice is it?! haha
    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use paprika everyday too, with turmeric, cayenne pepper and black pepper!
    ♥☻♥☻♥
    jeanne
    http://fashionmusingsdiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love cinnamon - I'm pretty sure I put it in something every day!
    Amy xx
    www.callmeamy.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for sharing :) My fave spices are usually ginger and wasabi :)))

    http://www.pinkoolaid.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! Thank you so much sharing.

    ** Join Love, Beauty Bloggers on facebook. A place for beauty and fashion bloggers from all over the world to promote their latest posts!


    BEAUTYEDITER.COM

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post dear!

    http://iameleineblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's amazing what using the right spices can do for a recipe. Thanks for the info!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have been getting more into cooking and I love adding spices to the dishes. My favourites are cumin and turmeric :)

    Sarah | What Sarah Writes

    ReplyDelete
  12. My fav spice is vanilla, but I likeeven oregano and cinnamon!
    xxx
    S
    http://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love oregano :D
    Kisses ♥
    http://www.style2beauty.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, this is such a lovely and unique post, girlie, very helpful! I love all of these spices, too, and love using oregano in nearly every dish I make! Thanks so much for sharing and I hope you're having a great day so far, beauty!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    www.thestylecontour.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love them all and use them frequently :)

    xoxo
    www.bellezzefelici.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Produtos maravilhosos amei, obrigado pela visita.
    Blog: https://arrasandonobatomvermelho.blogspot.com.br
    Canal:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmO8csZDARM

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic guide, so interesting! I use them sometimes :)

    xoxo Rosanna ❤
    Melania | modeintechnicolor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love oregano and cinnamon. Kisses!

    galerafashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love spices, especially cinnamon
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love spices!! Can really make a boring meal better! Thanks for sharing

    Darriyan♡ | www.darriyancateland.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  21. io adoro le spezie..poi l'origano viene direttamenete dal campo della nonna!
    lalu
    http://ilquadernodilalu.it

    ReplyDelete
  22. These are great I love baking with spices as well :)

    Florals&Smiles

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *