Tuesday, 23 August 2016

Healthy Skin After Sun Exposure


I'm sure many of us have been on holiday over the past few months or spent time at the beach. We all know the importance of wearing sunscreen whilst the weather is hot but what about when we return home? Looking after your skin not only keeps it healthy but can make your tan last longer too! Read on to find out what my favourite products are to use when I get back from holiday...

Gentle Face Wash
A gentle face wash is a must after sun exposure. Many of us use exfoliating washes which will not only rub away your tan but will also irritate skin. I love this Simple one and I also take the travel size on holiday with me to use instead of face wipes as they dry out quickly.

Hair Conditioning Treatment
 My hair felt like straw when I got back from holiday thanks to a mix of sun exposure and too much time in the water! Dyed hair is so easy to ruin so I've spent the last two weeks using deep conditioners and oil and luckily, it's back to what it used to look like. Trips to the hairdressers are expensive so don't ruin it by not looking after your hair properly. I love the Elasticizer by Philip Kingsley and leave it on overnight. 

Body Moisturiser
 My skin always feels a bit dry after flights and so I always use lots of moisturiser. This one by Caudalie is one of my favourites. It smells amazing and is just about small enough to pop into your handbag.

Milk Body Wash
 I was military in putting on sunscreen this year so luckily I didn't get burnt but if you did, a milk based gel or lotion is your best friend. It soothes the skin, creates a layer of protein and reduces the risk of peeling. Rituals is a fabulous skincare brand and this shower gel is one of their best products.

Bronzer & Highlighter
A good bronzer and highlighter will enhance your tan and make you glow even more. I've mentioned this duo from Bourjois many times and it still remains one of my makeup bag staples.

Thanks for reading :)

How do you look after your skin?

Rosanna
x

76 comments:

  1. I love the bronzing duo, I have it but not worn recently, maybe I will take it on holiday to fall in love with it again :D
    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw...great post!
    Thanks so much for sharing dear,
    Emma
    www.emmalovesfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely selection of products.
    I'm a big fan of Rituals but I've never tried that shower gel before.
    I'll be on the look out now :D




    The Everyday Life of Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are some great products, love trying new ones too, I know simple but not the others, will have to look out for them x

    www.fashionjazz.co.za

    ReplyDelete
  5. All great products! Thanks for sharing!
    Have a great day!
    xx
    Coco and Jeans by Marisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Thank you for sharing.

    ** Join Love, Beauty Bloggers on facebook. A place for beauty and fashion bloggers from all over the world to promote their latest posts!


    BEAUTYEDITER.COM
    INSTAGRAM @BEAUTYEDITER

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post gal! Moisturisers are always a must for me! x

    TOUCHOFGUCCI // BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good tips! I try so hard to protect my skin from the sun. I just burn so easily!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a lovely selection of products - that Rituals body wash sounds amazing!

    Emma | http://www.fluffandfripperies.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic dear!
    Blog: www.glaringwaves.blogspot.ba
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/glaringwaves

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Ritual's products! They're really good!

    What do you thing of follow each other? I'm already following you!
    Já me segues? Eu já te sigo!
    http://popupbyana.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good brands, I love caudalie!
    Kiss,
    Eleonora
    www.aspassoconbea.it

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great tips, I could definitely do with a hair treatment right now!
    Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. fun post! looks like some cool products!
    kelseybang.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. These all look perfect for after sun exposure
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Simple products don't do well with my skin, but Caudalie is one of my favorite skin care brands!

    XoXo,

    Tamara - LoveofMode.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great products! :)

    http://myfashionsenseblog.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love Rituals, definitely putting the body wash on my wish list! Great post hun xx

    http://www.thatnewdress.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cool selection! Love these products Rosanna!
    ♥☻♥☻♥
    Jeanne
    http://fashionmusingsdiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely products!

    http://carinazz.blogspot.com.ee/

    ReplyDelete
  22. This sounds like a very interesting brand :)
    http://www.pret-a-reporter.co.uk/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love using a moisturising face mask after I've been in the sun - I have an aloe vera one from The Body Shop that's incredible!
    Amy xx
    www.callmeamy.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  24. These all seem like such great products and suggestions, girlie! I had no idea that milk based lotions are good for treating sunburn, makes total sense! Thanks for sharing, beauty, and I hope you're having a great week so far!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    www.thestylecontour.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Resenha maravilhosa dica ótima do produto
    Blog: https://arrasandonobatomvermelho.blogspot.com.br/
    Canal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmO8csZDARM

    ReplyDelete
  26. Nice post! I will have to try some of these. Thank you for your review.
    http://www.maggiekrol.com/
    Xoxo, Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  27. I like to start the upkeep while I am on holiday, otherwise my hair will be completely ruined when I return.

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
  28. Skin care post-sun is so important! Love this post, lady!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  29. Skin care post-sun is so important! Love this post, lady!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  30. Ive just got back from holiday so this post is a lifesaver! Thanks for sharing

    Darriyan xo
    www.darriyancateland.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  31. This was a really helpful post! Getting burned on hols is the worse, looking after you skin/hair is really important!

    Catrionaar

    ReplyDelete
  32. Nice review. Very informative. The products look worth to try.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Simple face wash sounds amazing. I swear by their face wipes.

    www.mydailywear.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  34. Great tips! I made the mistake of using an exfoliating face wash after sun exposure - not good!
    ~Jessica
    Jeans and a Teacup

    ReplyDelete
  35. Fantastic products
    http://retromaggie.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  36. Nice selection of products!
    kisses
    Cinzia

    new post " Pop of turquoise makeup tutorial"
    www.callmeblondiebycinziasatta.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. Fantastic choices! The body lotion looks amazing

    Http://Leftbankgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. Thanks a lot, my dear :D

    Amazing review!!! I really would like to try Caudalie products but they are so expensive :D

    NEW OUTFIT POST | I Woke Up Feeling This Way
    InstagramFacebook Oficial PageMiguel Gouveia / Blog Pieces Of Me :D

    ReplyDelete
  39. Interesting post and great review. I'm your new followers if you want, come to my blog ♥
    http://anielasv.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *