Sunday, 24 July 2016

Summer Audible Listens

Summer is here and that means travel and lazy days in the sun!

When I'm on a flight or lying out in my garden, I'm going to relax by listening to audio-books from Audible on my tablet or iPod. I've been an Audible fan for years and have listened to loads of great adaptations - here are a few of my favourites that I recommend for the summer...


The Summer Queen
by Elizabeth Chadwick
read by Katie Scarfe


This a great historical novel with action, romance and history - it tells the story of Eleanor of Aquitaine and is one of Elizabeth Chadwick's best.

Download it here


Very Good Jeeves
by P.G. Wodehouse
read by Jonathan Cecil


This Jeeves and Wooster book made me laugh out loud and Jonathan Cecil reads it wonderfully - set in the 1930's this book is full of posh capers and country house fun!

Download it here


Rebecca
by Daphne Du Maurier
read by Anna Massey


If you like a slightly scary chilly thriller for summer then this is for you ;) This book has everything - glamour, romance and a haunting mystery.

Get it here



The Villa in Italy
by Elizabeth Edmondson
read by Nicolette McKenzie


This is such a classic summer book! It tells the story of several people brought to a strange Italian villa by a mysterious woman, only to discover that they are all connected to her in some way...

Download it here



Thanks for reading!

Laura
x

32 comments:

  1. Great post, I loved reading this! Have a lovely weekend.
    LaToya
    www.toyastales.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound interesting and so entertaining!

    Http://leftbankgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing these! Checking them out now! =)


    - Cielo
    Mermaid in Heels

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the recommendations, I hadn't thought about audio books for myself before so glad to see this as it seems like a great idea when you are too busy to pick up a book.
    Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the recommendations - Im always on the look out for new great audio books.

    www.pink-purpledots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. ive never actually bought any audio books before! I NEED!
    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very lovely! I like this so much,

    ** Join Love, Beauty Bloggers on facebook. A place for beauty and fashion bloggers from all over the world to promote their latest posts!


    BEAUTYEDITER.COM
    INSTAGRAM @BEAUTYEDITER

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it:)
    Wish you Happy Day Love Open Kloset By Karina
    New Post:https://openklosetfashion.blogspot.pt/2016/07/my-vipme-review.html#more

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never actually tried audible, I love reading so it's probably just a more relaxed way to read a book haha, I should definitely do it this summer!
    Amy xx
    www.callmeamy.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! They're great for listening to while you do your make-up or whatever - really relaxing :)

      Laura x

      Delete
  10. It seems so cool <3
    Have a great day dear!
    kisses
    Dili
    New post: http://www.milanotime.net/black-cap-sleeve-lace-dress/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great suggestions. I love how you photographed the selections too-how brilliant! XO
    Lauren-Blair
    NEW URL--> www.gracerock-kellyroll.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. thank you for sharing

    http://www.queenhorsfall.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would love to read - or listen to :) - the Summer Queen! I love this kind of plot! Rebecca I read, and later watched the movie - it's really brilliant!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like we have similar taste! I love the Rebecca movie too - really does the book justice :)

      Laura x

      Delete
  14. Great selection! The Summer Queen sounds right up my alley.

    Beaumiroir

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I'd really recommend it!

      Laura x

      Delete

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *