Monday, 13 June 2016

Easy Healthy Meals

I've spent the last few months working really hard on my dissertation and exams and although I'm really proud of the work I did there has been one major downside - what I've been eating! With all the stress and hours spent sat at the computer, I've found myself reaching for the doughnuts one to many times. Now that summer is here though I am determined to get healthy. 

I love my food but I hate to cook, which means I often end up eating easy meals that are bad for me - so I decided to set myself the task of making some healthy meals that were also quick and easy to prepare. Here's what I came up with...


Wholemeal Pasta with Grilled Courgettes, 
Garlic and Capers


How to make it:

1. Put wholemeal pasta to boil for about 10 mins 
2. Spray Fry Light 1 Calorie spray into a warming frying pan
3. Add some crushed garlic to the pan (or garlic paste to save time and washing up!)
4. Add the sliced courgettes and fry for about 5 mins (until soft) 
5. When everything is ready put the pasta, courgettes and garlic in a bowl and add a spoonful of capers for extra flavour


Wholemeal Halloumi Wrap with Salad


How to make it:

1. Cut two thick slices of reduced-fat halloumi cheese
2. Grill the halloumi for 2-3 mins on each side (until it starts to brown)
3. Once grilled cut the halloumi into small chunks
4. Place the halloumi in a wholemeal wrap with some lettuce and fold it up.
5. Serve with a mixed veg salad - I chose cucumber and red peppers (add a low fat dressing for extra flavour)


Chicken Tikka Skewers with Salad and 
Low Fat Garlic Bread 


How to make it:

1. Cook a small portion of low-fat garlic bread and the chicken skewers in the oven as per their instructions (these skewers are Sainsbury's Tikka Style British Chicken Kebabs from the BBQ or Oven range)
2. Prepare a salad of you choice (I chose lettuce, cucumbers, red peppers and spring onions) and add a low fat dressing (I used Pizza Express Light Dressing)
3. Once ready, remove the bread and chicken from the oven and cut the chicken open to check its cooked through
4. Serve and enjoy! This is a great meal to have for dinner as its really filling



Thanks for reading!

Laura
x

16 comments:

  1. Super healthy and yummy! Thanks for sharing those easy recipes! I'm in love with wrap idea!
    xx
    cvetybaby.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look great. I'm constantly searching for some healthy recipes so I'll definitely be bookmarking your post.

    www.mydailywear.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. ymmmm all of this looks so good! I love the combination of pasta and courgettes :D
    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. These dishes look SO good- love that they're healthy!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Evey dish looks so yummy!!! :D
    xxx
    S
    http://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow these look super healthy and yum:)

    http://perkymegs.com/

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *