Wednesday, 20 April 2016

Estée Lauder Double Wear Foundation Review


Today I wanted to do a review of a foundation I've been wearing for the past few months, I was desperate to review this when I got it but I decided to give it a proper try out and see how my skin looked and reacted over time. 

I decided to buy this after doing a lot of research, I wanted a foundation which was pretty high coverage and also lasted all day, a claim that is often made but is rarely true. I didn't mind spending a lot but I needed to be sure that I was going to buy the right product and not throw money away on something that looked dreadful on my skin.

I ended up buying this in Boots as they have an Estee Lauder counter and there was a lovely lady working there who talked me through the shades and colour matched me so that I had the perfect colour for my skin, we ended up going a little darker than my natural colour so as not to make me look washed out (that's what you get when you buy a foundation in winter!)
Read on to check out my positives and negatives...





Positives

High coverage - I understand that this might not be a positive for everyone but it covers my skin imperfections perfectly and with minimum effort
Long Lasting - This is the only foundation I have ever tried that looks just as good at the end of the day, I never have to reapply it
Good Consistency - It's not too thick or thin and applies really easily with a brush, sponge or just with your hands
Good Shade Selection - There are so many different colours of this foundation that there will definitely be a shade for you


Negatives 

Dry Skin - The foundation tends to show up any dry patches so I always make sure to moisturise and prime my skin just before I apply it, hopefully this is something that I will only have a problem with in the winter
Bottle -  The bottle looks pretty but it doesn't have any type of applicator so you just have to tip it onto the back of your hand and hope for the best! Over time you come to learn how much is the right amount



Overall I'm so happy with this foundation and relived that I've found what I had been looking for. I'll be interested to see how it works on my skin during the warmer months but for now it is my new makeup staple!

Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation - £30 - Get it here


Thanks for reading :)

Have you tried the Double Wear foundation?

Rosanna
x

70 comments:

  1. molto bello questo fondo, mi piace molto anche a me

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have this and I love it! its so great for a night out for fuller coverage :D
    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Resenha maravilhosa amei a dica do produto ótimo resultado.
    Blog: http://arrasandonobatomvermelho.blogspot.com.br/
    Canal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmO8csZDARM

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been meaning to try this for ages! Great review x
    britishmermaid.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have heard this looks and feel great on the face..wanna try it next :)


    xx
    www.planetbeauties.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is one of My fav foundation, I love the result on your skin!!!!
    xo Paola
    Expressyourself
    My Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really want to try this foundation as it has a old reputation for staying on your face all day!
    https://vigiraj.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your skin looks absolutely lovely with this foundation!! I'm actually looking to buy a new liquid foundation and so I'll have to keep your recommendation in mind!

    http://thecourtneydiaries.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks beautiful on your skin! I also have dehydrated skin so I'm not sure about it, need to get a sample to test it out.

    xo
    http://www.carinavardie.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, you can test it out in store x

      Delete
  10. There is so much high praise for this foundation, and I have to say wow! It truly does look beautiful on your skin! I may have to pick up soon haha <3

    xx Bash |   go say   H E Y   B A S H

    ReplyDelete
  11. great review. I have heard so much great feedback about this
    www.kmeetsstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is the foundation I use and I LOVE it! I do wish it had an applicator of some kind too though.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely stunning! Hope you can also check out my latest post. xx

    Style For Mankind
    Facebook
    Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great review. I probably need full coverage foundation but I always thought it would feel heavy.
    LaToya
    www.toyastales.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have been meaning to try this for quite some time now, thank you for sharing your thoughts.

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
  16. sounds like a pretty good foundation! love seeing the pros and cons!

    kelseybang.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. This seems a very great product after all, works amazing on your skin! :D
    xxx
    S
    http://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this foundation! Great review and swatches Rosanna!
    XOXO
    Jeanne
    http://fashionmusingsdiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this foundation! Great review and swatches Rosanna!
    XOXO
    Jeanne
    http://fashionmusingsdiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Amazing pics, I love this post!

    Alice Cerea,
    babywhatsup.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. amei a resenha, bjs : )

    lanibelezafeminina.blogspot.com.br

    ReplyDelete
  22. fantastic review
    http://retromaggie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Nice review. Sounds like something I would really love to try.

    http://fairyland111.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous foundation! It makes your skin look luminous

    Http://leftbankgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great review. Kisses!

    galerafashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks my dear and yes, it's an amazing product same. Have an amazing results :D

    Wooow, seems to be so expensive btw, have an amazing results too! You look so natural :)

    NEW BLOGGER TIPS POST | Graphic Constructions.
    InstagramFacebook Oficial PageMiguel Gouveia / Blog Pieces Of Me :D

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is my holy grail foundation I love it! So long lasting and great coverage it makes me feel like I'm wearing a mask when I look my worst haha. It does annoy me that there's so kind of applicator though!
    Amy xx
    Call Me Amy

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is really beautiful!

    ** Join Love, Beauty Bloggers on facebook. A place for beauty and fashion bloggers from all over the world to promote their latest posts!


    INSTAGRAM @BEAUTYEDITER
    BEAUTYEDITER.COM

    ReplyDelete
  29. Good to know that this foundation causes dryness of skin!

    http://crafty-zone.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't cause it, just if you already have dry skin I would recommend to use a moisturiser straight before applying it :)

      Delete
  30. It seems to be an excellent product !

    http://clothespaper.com/

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love the sound of this foundation and really want to try it myself. Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gemma, I'd really recommend it if you're looking for a higher coverage x

      Delete
  32. Pretty look!
    Have a nice week-end!
    Photographer Gil Zetbase
    http://www.gilzetbase.com/

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *