Wednesday, 6 April 2016

72 Hours In Copenhagen


Last week I took a trip to Copenhagen. Having never been to Scandinavia before I was very excited to see what it was like and experience the new culture. I've put together a post of what I did and the best tips I picked up, read on to check it out... 

Where We Stayed
Airbnb seemed like our best option and we were lucky to find a beautiful apartment in the trendy area of Islands Brygge. It was great to have our own place to come and go and our host was so helpful with directions and handy tips!


What We Did
I had been recommended a Segway tour and initially dismissed it as I'm not naturally graced with good balance! However, after talking to a few people who assured me that it wasn't difficult, I booked us in at Segway Tours Copenhagen. The main draw for me was that you got a lesson before you were let loose on the roads and you also had built in headphones on your helmet so you could hear your guide at all times, however far back you were! In two hours we saw everything you could possibly want to see, The New Harbour, Amalienborg Palace, The Little Mermaid and The Opera House. We even stopped for a hot drink in a cafe which used to house the former kings mistresses. Our tour guide was helpful and informative and (bonus) I didn't fall off!
Cost - approx £55 for 2 hours

The National Museum of Denmark was full of interesting exhibits and lovely and warm, very useful if it's not great weather outside! It was great to learn about history which I'd never really come across before. My favourite section was the Stories of Denmark 1660-200 which had such a wide selection of artifacts and information.
Cost - Free

We visited Rosenborg Castle on our last day and the weather was beautiful. Again, like the museum, it was full of history I had never heard about before. The treasury below the castle houses the Crown Jewels which are dazzling and worth the trip along!
Cost - £10


What We Ate
In hindsight, some planning ahead would have been helpful as I had no idea of any good places to eat but thanks to the abundance of WiFi (thumbs up Denmark) it wasn't too difficult to Google somewhere when we were feeling hungry. We definitely ate a range of food cuisines but our best discover by far was Super Brugsen, the Danish answer to Whole Foods. It wasn't cheap but the food selection was authentic and extremely tasty.


What I Listened To
I love making a new playlist for any trip I go on and this was no exception!

Contrails - Keston Cobblers Club
Josephine - Ritual
Ophelia - The Lumineers 
Bang Bang - Lawrence Taylor
Higher Place - Adam Levine


 Thanks for reading :)

Have you been to Copenhagen?

Rosanna
x

88 comments:

  1. I have never been to Copenhagen, but it looks well worth the visit.

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to visit this town one day !

    http://clothespaper.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. ive never been but I want to! sounds like you made the most of your time!
    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great products :)

    Do you want to follow each other? If yes, please follow me with GFC, write a comment and I follow you back :)
    http://vesnamar.blogspot.rs/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful city! And you've had some gorgeous weather! Stunning pictures Rosanna!
    XOXO
    Jeanne
    http://fashionmusingsdiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. So lovely! I like the pictures too. Have a great day.

    ** Join Love, Beauty Bloggers on facebook. A place for beauty and fashion bloggers from all over the world to promote their latest posts!


    BEAUTYEDITER.COM
    INSTAGRAM @BEAUTYEDITER

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing place, looks like you had a beautiful time.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, very detailed. Looks like you enjoyed your 72 hours stay there. :)

    xoxo,
    SHAIRA
    www.missdream-girl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this city, great tips doll!!!
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself

    My Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  10. The buildings are so beautiful. Looks like lots of fun :)

    XoXo Noma

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would love to visit Copenhagen too. Sounds like you had a great time. Great photos! :)

    http://missymayification.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. Copenhagen is a very interesting city to visit!
    Great photos!
    xxx
    S
    http://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful photos

    http://retromaggie.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, sounds like you had a wonderful time, girlie! I've never been to Copenhagen, but I've heard such amazing things about it that have inspired me to want to go, including this post! Thanks so much for sharing and I hope you're having a great day so far!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    www.thestylecontour.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like to much travel, but I've never been to Copenaghen. One day I want to go there, these photos really made me understand that it is a beautiful city! Have a nice day, kisses,
    Eni

    Eniwhere Fashion
    Eniwhere Fashion Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazing reportage! An interesting city, beautiful and to visit as soon as possible! *_*
    xoxo
    Luna
    http://www.fashionsnobber.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. lovely photos
    visit my blog : New post
    http://www.melodyjacob.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fantastic trip and gorgeous photos! I visited once and loved this charming city

    Http://leftbankgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Amazing post love! Thanks for sharing! I just posted a FIRMOO GLASSES REVIEW on my blog! You should check it out! xx

    OHIAMIHT BLOG | FIRMOO USE CODE 'ohiamihtblog2' FOR A FREE PAIR OF GLASSES!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful city to visit. Kisses!

    galerafashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. lindas fotos adorei, bjs : )

    lanibelezafeminina.blogspot.com.br

    ReplyDelete
  22. It looks so lovely there, I want to go
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. thanks a lot, dear friend :D

    seems to be an amazing place. perfect photos :D

    NEW REVIEW POST | Cien: Intensive Care Q10 Cream For Men
    InstagramFacebook Oficial PageMiguel Gouveia / Blog Pieces Of Me :D

    ReplyDelete
  24. Looks like a great trip
    I would love to visit Copenhagen someday.

    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin | Snapchat: bandwagonchic

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sounds like a great trip! Love the look of the place where you stay.
    Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  26. I want to visit that amazing city!
    xx
    Mónica Sors
    MES VOYAGES À PARIS
    NEW POST: CASUAL CHIC WITH FLARED JEANS + RED BIKER

    ReplyDelete
  27. Copenhagen is amazing place, looks like you spent great time there!

    http://crafty-zone.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh, I really love where you stayed, such a beautiful apartment!
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. I would like to see Copenhagen.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Fantastic post dear! Hope you have a lovely day.

    http://fairyland111.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  31. such a lovely and inspiring post!

    http://fairyland111.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  32. Super pictures and looks like you had an amazing time!

    http://hungrycaramella.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  33. Great post.
    http://www.thestylegalaxy.com/2016/04/mix-and-match.html

    ReplyDelete
  34. wooow It's so very cool *-*
    i love Copenhagen <3
    beautiful blogger <3

    http://diariodelolivlet.blogspot.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  35. Cute coat :)
    BLOG M&MFASHIONBITES : http://mmfashionbites.blogspot.gr/
    Maria V.

    ReplyDelete
  36. This is such a great travel post! Wish to visit Copenhagen someday :)

    Maireem | My Fair Autumn | Instagram | Twitter | Snapchat: myfairautumn

    ReplyDelete
  37. Gorgeous photos of such a gorgeous place.

    www.pink-purpledots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. Fantastic post, I found you via a little Twitter searching! I've just booked a trip to Copenhagen for June and would love some tips!
    Did you find it ridiculously expensive and did you have a set budget in mind for food etc?
    Would you say it's quite easy to walk around or would you recommend public transport to see certain attractions? What were your favourite places to eat?
    I'm going to do some research but I love to hear from someone who has been recently and can give tips!

    Tamsyn Elizabeth | Peaches and Bear

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *