Wednesday, 10 February 2016

Best Drugstore Beauty Products: Rimmel

I thought that this would be a fun series of posts to do as I love discovering new drugstore bargains and I always read other people's recommendations of products before I buy them. 

Rimmel eyeliner was one of the first items of makeup I ever bought and I still love their products now so I had to start this series of posts off with Rimmel! I really like how they continuously keep up to date with makeup trends but also stay faithful to the classics which I repurchase again and again. Read on to find out what my favourite Rimmel products are...


Stay Matte Pressed Powder


I've used this since it first came out and I can say with confidence that it's the best and most effective powder I own. I've tried more expensive powders which give similar results but this stands up to its rivals and at such a great price, why would you buy anything else?

Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder- £3.99- Get it here

Brow This Way Styling Gel


I didn't think I would get on with this when I started using it but after having tried it out through winter, I'm seriously impressed. I like the staying power and the easy applicator though I do always wipe the brush first with some tissue to control how much I use! I sometimes find it hard to find a colour similar to my eyebrows but this one is a perfect fit and takes no time at all.

Rimmel Brow This Way -£3.99-Get it here


Scandaleyes Shadow Stick


Anything that makes doing eye makeup easy and saves time is a winner for me. You don't have to use any brushes at all and the result looks just as good. You can mix shades or just use one on its own. My favourite is this one in Bluffing, I love it so much I have two in use at the moment!

Rimmel Scandaleyes Shadow Stick -£4.49-Get it here


Scandaleyes Waterproof Gel Eyeliner



I had stopped using gel eyeliner a few years ago because it was so much easier just to use a felt liner but it would always rub off after a couple of house. Having picked up this one last month, I'm just sorry I hadn't discovered it sooner. It lasts all day (and I really mean all day) and I don't have to reapply eyeliner at lunchtime and in the afternoon!

Rimmel Scandaleyes Gel Eyeliner- £6.99-Get it here


Moisture Renew Lipstick


This Vintage Pink shade is so beautiful and people always want to know what it is whenever I wear it. I love that it isn't drying on the lips but doesn't look too shiny as it's not a style that works for me! A great lipstick for all seasons.

Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick-£6.49-Get it here

Exaggerate Lip Liner


Of all the Rimmel products, this is the one I have repurchased the most! East End Snob is such a flattering colour and can be worn alone or with lipstick over the top. I could rave about it for ages (and have done on the blog many times!) but I will say., if you buy one Rimmel product from this post, this should be it!

Rimmel Exaggerate Lip Liner-£3.99-Get it here


Thanks for reading :)

What's your favourite Rimmel product?

Rosanna
x

92 comments:

  1. One of the first makeup items I bought was a concealer from Rimmel! Nowadays my favorite products are their liquid blushes and Kate Moss Lipsticks.
    http://carolinapage.eu

    ReplyDelete
  2. that beautiful pencil lips Rimmel, I love the color

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Rimmel's foundations and lipsticks. I've not tried these products
    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great selection of products Rosanna! I love your reviews!
    ♥♥♥
    Jeanne
    http://fashionmusingsdiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love using stay matte Rimmel powder too! Great picks x

    http://thelondonthing.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great series, but sadly Rimmel isn't available in Germany anymore. They pulled out of the market a few years ago, which still leaves me sad.

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's sad! Have you looked on Boots.com? They ship internationally :)

      Delete
  7. I bought that gel liner for halloween and I love it. Specially if your new to the whole gel liner, it's very forgiving but giving you the staying power. I have to check out more by Rimmel, find that it gets over-looked in stores.

    Katie | http://ktmcgworld102.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that powder as well, really good stuff! I keep hearing about their lip liners, definitely need to try a couple.
    xo, Lily
    beautywithlily.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the lipstick
    http://retromaggie.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done! I absolutely had fun reading this.

    xoxo;
    STYLEFORMANKIND.COM
    Facebook
    Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great stuff, Rosanna. I love their lipsticks and nail polishes.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello I'am Chris !
    I suggest you to publicize your blog by registering on the "directory international blogspot"
    The "directory" is 30 million visits, 199 Country in the World! and more than 22,000 blogs. Come join us, registration is free, we only ask that you follow our blog
    You Have A Wonderful Blog Which I Consider To Be Registered In International Blog Dictionary. You Will Represent Your Country
    Please Visit The Following Link And Comment Your Blog Name
    Blog Url
    Location Of Your Country Operating In Comment Session Which Will Be Added In Your Country List
    On the right side, in the "green list", you will find all the countries and if you click them, you will find the names of blogs from that Country.
    Imperative to follow our blog to validate your registration.Thank you for your understanding
    http://world-directory-sweetmelody.blogspot.com/
    Happy Blogging
    i followed your blog, please follow back
    Best Regards
    Chris
    ++++++++++++++

    ReplyDelete
  13. love this!
    xoxo

    www.aimeroseblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. that lip liner really caught my eye. All of these sound great. Lovely picks!

    http://modaodaradosti.blogspot.ba/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I used a lot that compact powder too, it's really great...
    kisses
    http://www.theitalianglam.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I used a lot that compact powder too, it's really great...
    kisses
    http://www.theitalianglam.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the rimmel stay matte powder, I use it almost every day!
    The Lipstick, The Girl and Her Wardrobe

    ReplyDelete
  18. You show here always so helpful things! I must try out especially the compact powder.
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have to try the eye liner :)

    The Cutielicious
    http://www.thecutielicious.com
    Federica

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great post, girlie! The only product I've ever tried from Rimmel is their lipstick, but I've heard great things about their mascara, I definitely need to look into them! Thanks so much for sharing and I hope you're having a wonderful day so far!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    www.thestylecontour.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I haven't used Rimmel products before, but these sure sound good. :)

    http://missymayification.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  22. you are right, this is a very interesting post about cool products. beautiful
    xxx
    mari
    www.ilovegreeninspiration.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. nice post!
    xoxo Gi.

    new post
    http://f-lover-fashion-blog.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  24. very beautiful makeup, products and review
    buona serata
    <<< tr3ndygirl fashion blog >>>

    ReplyDelete
  25. Nice post! Have a great week.

    Greets Jon
    Jon The Gold - Men's Style Blog // New Post

    ReplyDelete
  26. Amazing brand! I love their lipsticks! The Vintage Pink is so pretty. Thanks for these reviews, very helpful

    Http://Leftbankgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. These all look great! I love Rimmel
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. I am currently using the Rimmel liquid eyeliner at the moment and I love it! Although it does smudge on me after a couple of hours as you have mentioned :) I remember that gel eyeliner was the only thing I used when I first started wearing makeup and now that you mentioned it though I am so tempted to try the Scandaleyes Gel Eyeliner! It might just save me from all the smudging! :D xx

    Jacqueline | Sail Away to Neverland ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely no smudging from the gel eyeliner! x

      Delete
  29. Great post! thanks for review :)

    Would you like to follow each other? Let me know :)

    Sonya Thaniya
    A Little Color
    Kindly read my fashion tips here :
    WhatWeLike

    Thankyou ^o^

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great post, i love drugstore makeup :)

    Dajana | https://dajanaerd.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thanks my dear :D

    So interesting reviews :D Love all products.
    These lipstick have an amazing color :D

    NEW TIPS POST | Lettering Fonts for Blog
    InstagramFacebook Oficial PageMiguel Gouveia / Blog Pieces Of Me :D

    ReplyDelete
  32. I have heard rimmel is a great brand.
    It's a great drugstore item

    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin | Snapchat: bandwagonchic

    ReplyDelete
  33. Great post! I love Rimmel and think they are great value for money too. Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love this! Have an awesome day! xx


    ** I'm inviting you to join Love, Beauty Bloggers on facebook. A place for beauty and fashion bloggers from all over the world to promote their latest posts!


    BEAUTYEDITER.COM
    Subscribe to my YouTube Channel

    ReplyDelete
  35. These look really good! I will have to try this brand out! I haven't in years!

    Danielle
    http://www.blushblossom.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. I really like Rimmel too, this brand has great cosmetics ;)

    http://crafty-zone.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  37. Great picks from Rimmel .

    www.pink-purpledots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. thanks so much for your comment
    it means so much to be and Iwanted to say THANK YOU in a more personal way.
    you are amazing.
    with love your AMELY ROSE

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love Stay Matte powder, great porduct! *-*
    And that lipstick shade is absolutely stunning! ^-^
    HAve a nice day!
    www.milleunrossetto.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  40. beautiful products! have a nice weekend!

    Blog: www.fashi0n-m0de.blogspot.it
    YouTube: https://goo.gl/wAOESm

    ReplyDelete
  41. I've seen so many Stay Matte reviews. I should just buy it already. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, it's such a bargain!
      Have a lovely weekend:)
      Rosanna x
      Rose's Rooftop

      Delete

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *