Monday, 7 September 2015

In My Prime

Everyday I have the best intentions with my make-up. I tell myself that I'm going to keep track of it, and touch it up throughout the day to ensure that I look my best at all times. However, everyday is the same - either I'm rushed or I forget...and by 5pm I look a little the worse for wear!

So...the solution? I've decided to get up to speed with priming my face before I apply my make-up, in the hope that it will then last all day and I can potter on, busy and oblivious, just as I always do!

I invested in a few products and here are my thoughts on them...






This is my favourite of the products I'll be reviewing. I have used primers in the past but never particularly fallen for one. I've only ever used mouse or gel ones and I've found them a bit tricky to apply. What I really like about this Max Factor one is that it's a thick liquid and so glides on to skin very easily - you can apply it like a moisturiser and it dries quickly too. The other primers I've used also always seem to come in small sizes. This one is huge! It will last me ages and I think at £11, it's very good value. I've been using it all week and have really noticed that my make-up is lasting longer. Particularly when I take it off in the evening, because more comes off on my cotton wool!




I must admit that I partly bought this just because it looks so darn cute! It has proved, however, to be so much more. It contains four different powders that target, and prime your skin for, different issues. The peach shade neutralises dark circles on every skin tone, the lilac brightens dull skin, the green hides redness and the yellow helps with dark circles too (but only on olive and tanned skin - no good for pasty old me then!). I have been applying this powder after the Max Factor primer. I've used a small eye-shadow brush to apply the different colours to specific places. I've found the green and peach to be really, really good. And best of all? It only costs £4!




I've had my eye on these for ages so when I saw there was a Max Factor 3-4-2 offer, I snapped them up along with the All Day Primer. I've had mixed results with these two sticks. I think the green one is fab - again it's designed to correct redness. I used it when I had some really bad spots and it really brought the redness down. I also didn't need to touch up my concealer throughout the day. The beige stick however, hasn't impressed me. It's supposed to correct under eye circles but I've found that, as it's so thick, it just gives you an uneven, cakey look.


I hope you enjoyed my reviews!

Laura
x




20 comments:

  1. I agree! The yellowy stick looks nice but just doesnt work as well as I would have hoped!

    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really disappointed, but at least I got it on offer!

      Laura x

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Tash! Have followed you :)

      Laura x

      Delete
  3. Hello, congratulations on the blog!
    If you can visit this blog:
    http://www.morgannascimento.blogspot.com.br/
    Thank you for your attention

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic post dear! Hope you have a lovely day.

    ** I'm inviting you to join Love, Beauty Bloggers on facebook. A place for beauty and fashion bloggers from all over the world to promote their latest posts!


    xoxo;
    BEAUTYEDITER.COM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Max Factor has amazing and very proffesional products, this primer is interesting :)

    http://crafty-zone.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd definitely recommend it!

      Have followed you :)

      Laura x

      Delete
  6. I love MaxFactor, they have very cool products that last for a very long time. Thanks for sharing!

    Natalia | Lindifique

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the lovely comment - have followed you!

      Laura x

      Delete
  7. Fantastic blog!
    Have a great week!
    Natallia Jolliet
    http://www.alexphotographygeneva.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Natallia - you too!

      Have followed you :)

      Laura x

      Delete
  8. Fantastic post dear! Hope you have a lovely day.

    http://fairyland111.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *