Monday, 20 July 2015

Checking in to Nail Rehab with Sally Hansen: Review



My nails have been in a bit of a state recently. I've had some health issues and although I'm feeling much better, my nails just don't seem to be getting the memo! My cuticles and nail-beds have been dry and flaky and my nails have been uneven and breaking easily.

So I decided to try to do something about it! I bought myself a couple of Sally Hansen's nail rehab products (such a great name!) - the cuticle oil and the nail varnish.

This is a rather strange review, as in the end I found I loved one product (the varnish)  but that I was not at all impressed with the other (the cuticle gel).





I have had great success with this product. The instructions recommend that you apply it to clean nails, leave it for a week and repeat. I've had it on for the last week and have noticed a huge improvement in my nail condition already!

The varnish is great because it gives a nice shiny finish with a hint of pink colour and it hardly chipped at all...IN A WEEK! It leaves your nails so smooth as well (it can also be used as a base coat, which I'll definitely be doing in the future).



I hope you'll agree from the pictures below, that after just one week of using this, my nails are looking pretty healthy. They have grown considerably (bearing in mind that they were completely blunt a week ago!). They feel strong and smooth. I am very happy and will definitely continue using this product. I highly recommend it.

The Result!!!





Unfortunately I had less success with the Cuticle Rehab product. I've been using this for about a month now and have only seen minimal improvement. Although it describes itself as an oil, this product is actually more like a gel. As it's more of a gel you don't get that oiliness of traditional cuticle products. I think that oiliness is really important as it gives an instant feeling of hydration, whereas this leaves you with more of a sticky feel.




You apply it with a floppy felt-tip style brush which is actually pretty tricky to use. Too much gel always comes out and the brush doesn't really rub the gel in to your cuticles - you end up having to use your fingers. As I say, I haven't seen much of a difference since using this product. I've been better off in the past using Boots-own cheap cuticle oil. 


Have you tried either of these products?

Laura
x





23 comments:

  1. Great review, girl. Thx for your honest opinion.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhh the polish does leave your nails look so so healthy! Love it :)
    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam, it's definitely worth a try! Have followed you on Bloglovin btw :)

      Laura x

      Delete
  3. I love the polish, looks great :) Love the review dear!

    RedLip&Love

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the polish, nice post :)

    new post
    FASHIONBYJEJE

    have a good day
    kiss

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the polish, nice post :)

    new post
    FASHIONBYJEJE

    have a good day
    kiss

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never tried this product but looks nice though :)
    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely recommend the nail varnish - give it a go!

      Laura x

      Delete
  7. This post is really informative and fun to read!! can't wait more dear!!

    New style post on the blog sweetie!
    http://contemporaryboy.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post, dear!
    xx
    Iza

    vintageiz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This product for cuticle looks like just what I need! Thanks for sharing!

    Paulina


    shenanigan-ska.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hm, I might give the varnish a go as it sounds pretty good, but maybe not the cuticle oil! I find when my nails need a bit of a boost and some TLC that soaking them for a while in olive oil a few times a week works absolute wonders, strange as that may sound lol :) great post! Hope you continue to feel better, health problems are horrible x

    ♥.•*¨ Amanda Says ¨*•.♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment and the olive oil tip Amanda! And thanks RE my health, getting better everyday :)

      Have followed you btw!

      Laura x

      Delete

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *