Wednesday, 18 March 2015

OPI Nail Products: Getting The Perfect Manicure At Home

First of all I'd like to say that this is NOT a sponsored post. I am a genuine fan of OPI products and simply wanted to share my favourites. I'd also like to apologise for the lack of pictures of me using the products, but I have a problem with my shoulder at the moment and can't bend my arms/hands very well, so my manicure would be pretty dodgy!

I think OPI is such a great brand for nail products. Although it's at the higher end of the market price-wise, I think it's worth the money as the products are a large size and last for ages. I tend to buy my OPI products from BeautyBay.com, they often have deals such as 'three-for-the-price-of-two' that are well worth looking out for.



THE FOUR OPI STEPS FOR A GREAT 'AT HOME' MANICURE


1) OPI Chip Skip (get it here)


This product does exactly what it says on the tin: adds a protective layer to your nails to help prevent chips. It's also my most recent OPI discovery and I'm really pleased with it. I apply this straight after cleaning, filing and then buffing my nails. It has a really tiny brush, which helps you to only apply the thin layer that's needed. The Chip Skip dries almost instantly and you can feel straight away that your nails are smoother and dryer and ready for painting. It's not like a base coat, you can't see it after application, but your nails simply feel better.


2) OPI Natural Nail Base Coat (get it here)


OPI have many different base coats available, I've tried a couple and have found this to be my favourite; it's the most simple. There's not a lot more to say about a base coat really, except make sure that you use one! A base coat makes such a difference to a manicure, it can be tempting to skip it but it really is worth using one: they prevent your nails from staining and help to keep polish on longer.


3) OPI Top Coat (get it here)



So, once you've applied two coats of colour, it's time to decide on top coat. I've tried SO MANY top coats over the years and find most of them are completely pointless, some even seem to even make your nails chip more! However, this one is worth using, it really does help your manicure to last longer and it gives a nice, smooth, shiny finish (OPI also make a matte top coat if you prefer). I apply this top coat right up over the end of the top of the nail, for even better polish protection.


4) OPI Drip Dry (get it here)


I really love this product, I hate waiting for my nails to dry and this really does speed up the process. I apply two drops to each nail after each stage of painting (base coat, colour coats and top coat) and find my nails are dry after about 90 seconds. This product is worth adding to any manicure routine and is much more pleasant than a drying spray. Plus, you get to use a pipette - who doesn't love that?!


I'd love to hear any of your nail product recommendations (OPI or otherwise!)


Thanks for reading!

Laura
x



20 comments:

  1. Sounds great

    http://helderschicplace.blogspot.com/2015/03/party-look.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!
    ^^
    http://ann-kos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got a lot of nail polish but this one is really good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes definitely worth trying them out! Have followed your blog.

      Laura x

      Delete
  4. I need those in my life! It would make manicuring at home so much easier :)

    Take care always, love Christine ~ xx
    BLOG | BLOGLOVIN' | TWITTER | FACEBOOK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Treat yourself! Much cheaper than a salon manicure ;)

      Laura x

      Delete
  5. Really nice post! X Minale
    http://minaleme.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, have followed you!

      Laura x

      Delete
  6. Nice post :)
    I need those in my life haha.
    6 del dos
    Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - have followed your blog!

      Laura x

      Delete
  7. I have never tried OPI but sounds so good!
    xx from Germany/Bavaria, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're definitely worth a try! Have followed you.

      Laura x

      Delete
  8. These really do all sound wonderful! I always hate waiting for my nails to dry so I really should get that drip dry product! Sounds fantastic!

    Rebecca
    www.winnipegstyle.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah definitely, out of all of them that really is worth getting :) have followed you.

      Laura x

      Delete
  9. Nice post!
    Baci,
    Marina
    www.maridress.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *