Wednesday, 21 January 2015

New Year, New Me, New Stuff!

So I've been MIA from the blog recently. I've been having a very hard time with my health. I won't get too deep into it but basically I've been in a lot of pain for a long time. My health has been particularly bad over the last couple of months and Rosanna has been absolutely wonderful. Not only has she looked after and supported me but she's done the work for both of us on the blog. 

I had surgery a couple of weeks ago, so am glad to say I'm now on the road to recovery. I'm not back to my old self yet but I'm on my way! It's great to start 2015 a positive way. It was my birthday last week as well so it's also good to start my 22nd year with lots to look forward to. 

This blog post is a bit of a mix of all the things I'm looking forward to enjoying in 2015 :)


Fashion


My mum got me this lovely Missguided top for my birthday. It's actually part of a co-ord so I might look out to see if the matching shorts go into the sale! I think this top is just so pretty, I have a bit of a thing for big, Tyrolean-style embroidery. I'll be wearing it with high waisted black skinnies in the day and with black shorts and heels for a night out.

Get it here



I love a good coatigan, they're so practical and yet they look so chic at the same time. I picked this up in Primark a couple of weeks ago so it should still be in store. I'm sure I'll be wearing this all the time.



My brother got me this awesome Urban Outfitters jacket for my joint Christmas and birthday present. It was a complete surprise and I was so pleased! I had to take it back to the shop though to change the size. My brother bought me size S/M which fitted OK but would have been a tight squeeze to zip up over a big jumper, so I swapped it for a M/L. Unless you're really tiny I'd get the M/L as I think these wax jackets look best a little oversized anyway.

Get it here



I bought this Primark coat a couple of weeks ago as well so it should also still be in store. It's hard to tell from my picture but it's actually pretty long, like calf-length on me. It's totally luxurious and fabulous and I couldn't believe it was only £25! It must be said I really didn't need this trench but I just couldn't resist it.




My operation was on my shoulder and even though the main issue has now been fixed, I still need to be really sensible and take it really easy...but that doesn't mean I have to sacrifice style! I asked my dad for this Pull and Bear rucksack for Christmas. It's very practical but still really cute and chic, I took this close-up picture to really show off the great ribbon and boucle detail. I'll be taking this to university with me when I start back next week.

The bag is now in the sale! Get it here.


Beauty


I'm not going to put links to these items as most were surprise gifts and I feel a little rude looking up all the prices! I'm sure though that they're all easy to find on-line or in-store.

(left to right)


Ciate London Dolls House Collection Porcelain Finish Set

Rosanna got me this set for Christmas and I absolutely love it. I'd seen some of the Dolls House Collection around and was really hoping Santa might bring me something from it! It's such a pretty set and the colours are gorgeous. I've already used the Sweet Pea colour and was very impressed with the quality. Thanks Rosanna! 

Elegant Touch Deco Nails

Rosanna knows me so well - particularly my love of anything manicure-related! I have sensitive skin and can't really experiment with my make-up so I'm always looking for fun new things to try with my nails. Rosanna and I are both big fans of Elegant Touch press-on fake nails and she very kindly got me this gorgeous set for my birthday. I've never seen this design before, it's so cute! I'm obsessed with anything Art Deco or Gatsby-themed, so these are right up my street. I'm going to save them for a special occasion.

WAH London Press On Nails in 'Don't Touch'

I treated myself to these nails purely because I thought I deserved them! They're totally impractical and crazy out-there which makes them the perfect thing to cheer me up :) I'm going to embrace my inner Kylie Jenner and put these on soon, I want to put them on next week but think I probably shouldn't as I have loads of essays to do and am worried I'll loose the ability to type!

Marks and Spencer Strawberry Moisturising Lip Balm

A family friend got me this cute lip balm as part of my Xmas present. I'm a real lip balm addict and am always excited to try new ones. The packaging is so pretty and it smells gorgeous. It's also a pretty big pot so should last a good while too.

The Body Shop Joy Set Vanilla Edition

My lovely friend Terje got me this gift set for Christmas. Body Shop products are always amazing but some can be a bit strong and flowery for me and irritate my skin. That's why I was so pleased to get this vanilla set. I get to enjoy great smelling, great quality products that are still simple and soothing. The set includes another lovey lip balm, a great travel sized shower gel, a really cute heart shaped soap and of course, the cult Body Shop body butter.


Books



The Miniaturist by Jessie Burton

My mum got me this for my birthday. I've seen so many people reading it on the tube and can't wait to get started on it myself! I would never splash out on a hard back like this one, so I find this really luxurious - is that a bit sad? Has anyone read it? I would love to hear your comments.

The Uninvited Guests by Sadie Jones

I've wanted this book for a while and was thrilled when my cousin Matt got it for me for Christmas. It's a historic mystery which I always like so I'm very excited. One review I read said that if you like Downton then you'll like this, I love Downton so it's looking good. Again, I'd love to hear any comments.



Thanks so much for reading! Hopefully I can keep up with my posts a bit more now.

Laura
x




4 comments:

  1. I love that green coat and the bagpack

    http://helderschicplace.blogspot.com/2015/01/frozen.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. The crop top from Missguided is so beautiful. I love the embroidery! The coat you got from your brother is so nice as well. In fact I love everything in this post! x

    Mapped Out | Fashion, Beauty, Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Georgia!

      I've followed you on Bloglovin, your blog looks great!

      Laura x

      Delete

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *