Friday, 31 October 2014

Essie Bahama Mama


I just wanted to do a quick blog post today about my new favourite nail polish. I've seen loads of other beauty bloggers wearing this shade and I've been meaning to buy it for a while now. Being at the Boots Christmas evening on Wednesday jogged my memory and I remembered to pick it up!




However much I love it, there are definitely pros and cons to this nail varnish.

Pros

  • The colour is gorgeous. It's the perfect autumnal berry/vampy shade and however much I searched, I couldn't find a rival to it.
  • I know that other bloggers haven't loved the consistency of the Essie polishes but I actually like that it's not too thick, I'd rather build up the colour than have to take it off if I made a mistake. 
  • The finish is really good. I could have quite happily left it at one coat. Although it's a slightly different colour if you don't build it up, it still looks good and not streaky at all.

Cons
  • I found that it chipped quite easily and I found it frustrating to keep fixing my nails every time I noticed a chip. I'm going to try again with a different topcoat but from reading other reviews, I don't think that will help too much.
  • It was also quite difficult to remove. The colour wouldn't budge from the side of my nails for ages and I used up a lot of nail polish remover doing so.

Even though there are a few negative points about this polish, I still can't recommend it enough. If you buy one new nail polish this autumn. It has to be this one!

What's your favourite Essie colour?

Rosanna 
x

7 comments:

  1. I always likes this color and everybody is obsessed with this color. May be I should finally get it! Great review! My favorite Essie polish is Fuji :)

    Kisses, Kali
    | Kali's inspiration board |

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip, will check it out! Would definitely recommend Bahama Mama, happy shopping x

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely colours!
    ♥XO♥
    Jeanne
    http://fashionmusingsdiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it!


    Please click on my SheInside banner, it only take a moment and you will be helping me a lot ;)
    http://helderschicplace.blogspot.com/2014/10/feeling-lavender_31.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, will check it out, sounds great! X

      Delete

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *