Thursday, 14 August 2014

Summer Garden Party


Hi everyone! Yesterday my sister had a party for her 18th birthday. As it was reasonably good weather, we were able to extend the party outside. I never get to do this as my birthday is in November and it's almost always rainy! I wanted to share a few pictures of the party and the decorations. 
Check out my cake recipe here



I've always wanted to give these a go and a garden party was the perfect excuse! Actually, they were incredibly easy to make and looked so effective. I've hung them up inside now so I can look at them all the time. 

Tissue Paper Pom Poms - See how-to here



This lantern is usually in the kitchen but for the party I wrapped some battery powered fairy lights around the candle so when it got dark, the inside of the lantern was all twinkly and lit up the garden. 

Moroccan Lantern - Next Home - Similar here



I love these lights and I've taken them for myself now. They looked lovely around the fence and our olive tree. They are also battery powered and last a long time. They look so much more expensive than they actually are and I'll definitely be going back to buy some more.

Fairy Lights - Primark Home - Check them out here



I actually put some flickering tea lights inside these lanterns but I could have also used the solar powered pack which came with the ceramic light. It can also be changed to a coloured light but with the weather we've been having this week, I thought it was better to rely on the tea light!

Solar Powered Ceramic Light - Get it here


Have you been having any summer parties?

Rosanna 
x


8 comments:

  1. Aw everything is so cute!

    xx, Be || lovefrombe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy cake!
    XO
    Jeanne
    http://fashionmusingsdiary.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the pretty lights. What a lovely idea! x

    Kate Louise Blogs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Been loving all your holiday posts. V. jealous!!
      x

      Delete
  4. lovely blog :)
    http://saltskinned.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *