Friday, 20 June 2014

My Favourite Beauty Products

I wanted to do a post about my favourite beauty products. I love it when you find something that just really works for you and you just want to tell everyone you know to go and buy it! And as we have the blog I thought I'd share with all our lovely followers the things that are so good (in my opinion!) that I end up buying them again and again. 

*click the titles for links to buy*


Simple Radiance Brightening Cleansing WipesSimple Kind To Skin Vital Vitamin

Night Cream and Simple Kind To Eyes Soothing Eye Balm 



Having sensitive skin I'm a huge fan of Simple products and these are the ones I use everyday. I like both the radiance wipes (seen here) and the plain ones, for taking off my make-up. I use the night cream and eye cream in the morning and the evening and after showering. They do a day cream as well but I find it too heavy and weirdly sticky! So, I just use the night cream - it's light but very effective. The eye cream is great for waking up your eyes.


Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque



This is a new discovery for me and I can't recommend it enough! I use it once a week, in the evening. So my pores are open, I first steam my face (just simple - fill the sink with hot water, bend your face over, cover your head with a towel so you're contained in the sink, wait for 3 minutes and be careful - don't fall into the hot water!) or simply just take a hot bath . I then cover my face with the mask, wait 10 mins and then gently scrub it off with a flannel and warm water. The next day I always wake up with not only clearer skin but brighter skin. It's really good for blackheads too.


L'OrĂ©al Paris Skin Perfection 3 in 1 Purifying Micellar Solution 


 

Everyone is talking about micellar waters at the moment and I can't blame them - it's not often that a new product like this comes to the market. I've tried a couple of different brands but I like the L'Oreal one best. I really struggle with sore eyes and I used to worry about wearing eye make-up because taking it off aggravated my eyes. Since I've started using this though, its happened far less. I put it on cotton wool, press it gently to my eye, hold for a couple of seconds, then slowly sweep it across. It's also really good for cleansing your skin, especially blemishes.


Sudocrem Antiseptic Healing Cream



An oldy but a goody - Rosanna and I are both huge fans of Sudocrem. As far as I'm concerned there is nothing better to treat spots. I slather it on before bed, rubbing it in really well and then dolloping even more on top. You look pretty crazy but guaranteed your skin will be better in the morning! It's also really good for any irritations or cuts to help heal them.


Aussie Miracle Recharge Luscious Long Leave-in Conditioner 



I get really tangled hair and can hardly get a brush through it after washing without a leave-in conditioner. This one is amazing as far as I'm concerned - it's really light-weight and yet it works really well. Spray it on all over your hair when it's wet, wait a minute then brush with ease - simples! I've found that my hair has got so much stronger since I've started using it.



Hope you enjoyed reading!

Laura
x

12 comments:

  1. Love everything you mentioned here - great photos too! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the exact same with sensitive skin and tangled hair haha! I love the Aussie leave in conditioner it's literally a life saver x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha so you know my pain! & Life saver is right I literally don't know what I did before! Laura x

      Delete
  3. I've heard so much about the mint julep mask but I've never brought myself to try it! Whenever I'm in the market for a new mask I always end up forgetting about it, oops. Also I'm soo curious about the micellar waters but apparently they haven't really hit the US because I always see UK bloggers rave about them and can't find any around here :/

    Fayrouz
    www.chiffonandmacarons.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely get it next time! Honestly I can't recommend it enough. It's strange that micellar waters came out here first - it's normally the other way round and we're waiting for amazing US products! Hope they hit your shores soon :) Laura x

      Delete
  4. I've read so many nice things about the L'oreal solution! I really have to try it!

    xx, Be || lovefrombe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes definitely! The Garnier one is good too but the bottle is really bulky and heavy - the L'oreal one is much more user friendly :b Laura x

      Delete
  5. Great products


    http://helderschicplace.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for all your lovely comments - they always make me smile :D Laura x

      Delete
  6. Great post! I love your blog and I have started following you with Bloglovin. If you ever get a chance to check out my blog I would be delighted, thanks!

    Camille xo.

    www.cococami.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I've followed you back on Bloglovin and look forward to reading your posts! Laura x

      Delete

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *