Thursday, 24 October 2013

My October Make Up Favourites


This month has been a bit of a mismatched products month! I haven't bought an excessive amount of make up (I'm saving myself for the Boots Christmas evening!) but I had a couple of products that I wanted to try out and some that I needed to buy.

Rimmel Apocalips in Celestial





At first I wasn't a massive fan of this colour, I think I was putting it on too lightly, but now I wear it a few times a week. It's one of the more bold colours but not too bright and garish. I wore it for a wedding in Italy last week and only had to re-apply it once during the entire day, which was great as I wasn't worrying the whole time about whether it had rubbed off or smudged. 

Get it here


Maybelline Baby Lips in Peach Kiss




I'd wanted to try these out for a while now and finally remembered two weeks ago during a shopping trip. There wasn't too much choice in Boots, clearly they are very popular! But luckily, the one I'd been after was still there. I actually prefer these tubes to lip balm tins as they are a bit more hygienic. The smell of the peach flavoured one is amazing and it has a light shimmer, slightly different to the others. I'm carrying this around in my handbag every day. 

Get it here


BareMinerals Liner Shadow in Sugar Plum







I've actually had this a while but as it's been summer, it's not been appropriate to wear it. Now that it's autumn, going into winter I think that it's a super colour to wear to Christmas parties. The pigmentation is really good and it can be used as an eyeshadow or an eyeliner, depending on which make up brush you use. I'll be giving it a proper try-out around Christmas. 

Get it here


Maybelline Great Lash Mascara in Blackest Black


I feel as if I'm about ten years too late with this! I never bought it when it was really popular and all my friends had it, unfortunately now, I feel as if it's stayed ten years ago and hasn't really progressed with all the other mascaras. Don't get me wrong, when used right, it looks good but the effort in using it just maybe isn't worth it. There are aspects of it which are great; the colour and the longevity but it's just too clumpy and the brush is too small for me. I've been having a bit of a love/hate month with this product and I think I maybe would buy it again but not anytime soon.

Get it here


Rosanna 
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *