Wednesday, 6 March 2013

Recipe- Jamie Oliver Style Prawn Linguine




About a year ago, a Jamie's Italian restaurant opened in my town center. I was quite excited as my family own the majority of the Jamie Oliver cookbook collection and we are always trying out a new Jamie Oliver recipe. I didn't get a chance to go right away but about a month later it was Mothers Day and Laura and I both went with our mums. 

Coming from an Italian family, I think that I probably judge Italian style cooking a bit harsher than the average person, especially pasta. But nevertheless, I ordered the prawn linguine (after demolishing some tasty starters). When it came I was really impressed with it and now almost always order it every time I go. However, as much as I would like, I can't go to Jamie's Italian every day so I've devised my own version:

Serves 4

You Will Need
2 Shallots
1 Clove of Garlic
1  Red Chilli
200g Prawns
1 Packet of Cherry Tomatoes
1 Tin of Tomatoes
1 Packet of Linguine
Rocket (optional)


1) Boil a saucepan of water and add linguine

2) Into a frying pan add chopped onions, garlic and chilli 

3) After a couple of minutes, add the prawns to the frying pan

4) Stir in half the tin of the tomatoes to the frying pan and simmer

5) Add cooked linguine to the frying pan and stir together

6) Serve with halved cherry tomatoes and rocket





Rosanna 
x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *