Sunday, 9 December 2012

Recipe - Perfect Victoria Sponge


Victoria Sponges are really simple to make and really good to eat! Most people have their own recipe and formula that they stick to when baking a Victoria Sponge and I'm no different. I start by lining and greasing two round cake tins with baking paper and setting the oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas Mark 5.



The way that I make my mixture is to first weigh the eggs, (I use three medium sized eggs) then whatever the weight of the eggs are, usually around 200g/7oz, I match with the other ingredients. These are: self raising flour, caster sugar and butter. I mix all the ingredients together in one go and divide into the cake tins and bake in the oven for around 20-25 minutes until golden brown.




Happy Baking!

Rosanna
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *