Sunday, 9 December 2012

My 5 Make-Up Bag Essentials


Rosanna gave you her favourites so thought I’d better say mine too! I have really sensitive skin so have tried and tested hundreds of products to find what’s right for me and my skin. I can’t wear a lot of eye make-up unfortunately so need my other products to work twice as hard.  I have picked my five favourite make-up items:


 
BB Cream - Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream (Light – Sensitive)

I have reviewed this product before but think it deserves to me mentioned again! I find this product does exactly what it claims to: reduces pores, covers blemishes, hydrates and gives my skin a healthy glow. There are different variations for all skin types so everyone can get exactly what they need from this BB Cream.


Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Lip Balm Stain (Lovesick)          
 
This is not one of my ‘everyday’ products but I’d definitely recommend it for a night out or special occasion. The crayon style design makes it easy to apply (something I struggle with) and it is really moisturising, meaning you don’t need lip balm as well. The colour doesn’t bleed and really does stain your lips – it lasts for hours and doesn’t transfer onto you glass or whatever. The colour is really vibrant without being cartoonish.

W7 Africa Multi Colour Bronzer

This product is really great as it’s a bronzer and blusher in one. I always get complimented when I wear it – it gives me a really nice natural glow (shimmer from the bronzer side and warmth from the blusher). The fact it comes in a box with its own brush is also really handy, especially if you’re in a rush. The flat brush gives a really good angle to brush along your cheeks, instantly defining your cheekbones.



Foundation - L'Oreal Paris Matte Morphose Foundation (Rosy Ivory)

I first came across this foundation when I got a small sachet free in a magazine. I tried it out (it was free after all!) and was pleasantly surprised at how good it was. Up until that point I had been using a sensitive foundation designed to keep you skin hydrated by I actually found that the Matte Morphose was even more moisturizing. I went out and bought the full sized pot and haven’t looked back since. It’s a mouse based foundation so is easy to apply and a little amount goes a long way.

Mascara - Natural Collection Lash Build Mascara (Black or Clear)

This is great mascara designed for sensitive eyes: made with natural ingredients, fragrance free and dermatologically tested. It’s cheap and cheerful and although it doesn’t give the results that its more well-known high street competitors do, it builds my lashes well (they are naturally quite long so I am more concerned with depth) and means I can wear mascara without itching.


Laura x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *