Monday, 19 November 2012

Review- Enrapture Amplify Jumbo Waver Styler


For a while now I have wanted to by an electric waver and when I saw the Enrapture Amplify Jumbo Waver Styler for half price I just couldn’t resist! I thought a waver looked much easier to use than a curling iron (which I’ll admit I struggle with) and I imagined it would give a more beachy/boho finish. Whenever I use curling irons I tend to end up looking like a bridesmaid…

 
I sat down tonight to do a waver test run (there’s nothing like glamming up for a night on the sofa watching X Factor!). I washed my hair last night and left it to dry naturally.


Before:



 

Firstly, I plugged the waver in and left it to heat up for about 20 minutes. Whilst waiting, I separated my hair using alligator clips so that just the bottom layer was free. Working from the back of my head round to the front I isolated sections of 1-2inches, lightly sprayed each with Elnett hairspray and then clamped down the waver. I positioned the waver first about 2cm from my scalp and then moved it down the hair ‘doubling-up’ on the middle wave. I held the clamp in place for 20 seconds to make each separate wave. I continued in this vein releasing new layers of hair from the clips and working back to front until all my hair was wavy. Then I faced the dreaded question: to wave the fringe or not to wave the fringe? I was worried if I didn’t it would look odd but after weighing up the options I decided to leave the fringe for fear I would end up looking like a cross between a poodle and a member of Steps in 1999. Once I had finished my whole head of hair I waited 10 minutes before lightly brushing it out with a plastic wide tooth comb.


After:




 
Overall, I am very happy with the results. The waves are beachy and not too ‘done’. I finished my look with a boho plaited hair band and more hairspray. There are, however, some cons to the waver: I burnt myself twice (not badly but not exactly ideal) and the whole process took about an hour to do (though I imagine the more often I do it, the quicker I will become). An unexpected bonus though was that I actually found it really easy to wave the back of my head as the ‘clamping’ process is so simple from any angle.

 

I would certainly recommend the Enrapture Waver.


 
Laura x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *